on board vid card with agp???

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
can i have the onboard video card and the agp card working at the same time with 2 monoters, the agp card is a gforce 2 mx 400 64mb ddr

You could try. As far as I know, you can not, I have tired that before, and it didn't work, this was on Windows 98.

I've got an nForce ver. 1 mobo, and a Ti4400...

The nForce has "respectable" built in vid graphics, but in the BIOS, there's an option to disable or enable the AGP port...

I assume this unfortunately means no to your question.

i only came across 1 board that had 2 signal outputs, onboard and AGP, trouble is it was knackerd :huh:

Depends...

Which OS are you using?2000 and XP support up to 10 monitors!

Some motherboards automatically disable the onboard video chip if they detect an other graphics card, differs from board to board.

If you are in luck and your board does'nt disable its onboard video chip, there should be no problem for 2000/xp pro!

tip:
"The motherboard display adapter must always become the secondary adapter.

You must set up set up xp pro before installing another adapter. Xp pro setup disables the motherboard adapter if it detects another adapter. Some systems completely disable the onboard adapter on detecting an add-in adapter; if you're unable to override this detection in the BIOS, you cannot use the motherboard adapter with multiple displays."

taken directly from Microsoft xp training kit!

Yours truly!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back