OMG my computer !!!

F

Fifaheat

hi,

i have been having a nightmare, hopefully you guys could help me...

this has any just happened...

When i go to windows media player and internet explorer, they would crash saying "we have encountered a problem etc etc...."

also it does the same for:

System information
System restore
search
Windows explorer (says this when IE6 crashes)

However, before this started happening, it crashed on the internet while trying to disconnect. i restarted it, and xp ran scandisk-- it said it was truncating some files!!! which means shortening! why would it want to do that?

Also, when these programs crash, it says on the modname: jscript.dll and it says another name when windows explorer crashes

Can u guys please help me

thanx very much in advance

FifaHeat:(

Ouch, when chkdsk has to truncate... you have some serious disk errors going on. Did you do a clean installation of XP or was it an upgrade? Usually those kind of disk errors are associated with a hardware conflict. Check your event viewer logs and see what you see in there that can narrow the playing field down. Whatever the case, it looks like you need to to a clean installation again just to fix what's damaged so far. You can open a command window by typing 'cmd' in the run box. When you have that open, type in 'sfc /scannow' without the quotes... if you have damaged system files you'll be prompted to enter your XP installation CD to copy the damaged files back over.

M8, YOU ARE A STAR !!!!!

thank you very much!!!

it worked and everything is working fine, i can play all my songs on media player etc....

again, thank u very much!

:D :D :)

FifaHeat

cool!! keep an eye on those event viewer logs... something caused some damage and it will likely happen again until you get whatever is doing it fixed. Glad you're up and running on all cylinders again. ;)

I have had soooo many damaged sectors and cylinders in the past...I just go to a data recovery centre and the fix it all up for free :D

Right click on the 'my computer' icon> manage> expand the 'event viewer' branch. Your logs are there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back