Omega (Any increase?)

NightHawk_450

OSNN Addict
I have just tried the new OMEGA drivers for Nvidia cards....I have a Geforce 2 MX400 64 meg, and I must say that the change in graphic quality is deffintly noteable....I would just like to know about how any of you people have found them!!! Good, bad?

Or you could post some before and after benchmarks!!! I just want to make make the decision of wether or not I should stay with these drivers or go back to the newest detonators...........Thanks in advance......Nighthawk :)

Quality/performance - BIG BOOST

FPS - small drop, but worth it

is quite the remarckable development...and what is funny is that they aren't nvidias drivers......lol

I told omega he should be working for nVIDIA hehe.

i just put them in my MX400 card and what a difference. im gonna be ditching this card soon for a gf4 but for now it is much smoother it seems. i was skeptical but now happy.

Um, at the risk of sounding stupid: How do you install those Omega drivers? :rolleyes:

I downloaded them, extracted them and followed the instructions to the letter, but towards the end of the installation, an error box comes up saying it can't find a file. I can see all the other files being copied to the appropriate directory until it gets to a certain file (the alert doesn't specify which).

I've tried re-extracting the setup files with no luck. I've tried redownloading the setup with no luck. I've tried uninstalling the old drivers first with no luck. I've tried installing the new ones OVER the old ones with no luck. Between each of these "trials", I restore the system from the restore point just before these steps to avoid any conflicting problems.

So, now I'm back at my old drivers.

It seems everything goes ok until the last bit. How aggravating.
It's really not that big a deal, but I would like to see the qualuty of the drivers.

I'm back to using det 29.42's, I couldn't tell the difference :confused:

Hi, Im running the new Omega's and I dropped about 400 points in 3D Mark 2001 SE, but with 2x AA on the images are much better,
and no shimmering in the background either.
Let's be honest a slightly slower game which you wont notice anyhow is a good trade off ,unless you are hung up on
benchmark scores (which I used to be)!

Gigabyte GA7-DX+ f6
3D Blaster Ti 4200
512 mb Crucial PC DDR
Lite-On 241040
CDR x52
Athlon 1400
Macron MPT400w
IBM Deskstar 60gxp 40gb
Maxtor 8gb:rolleyes:

omega driver

this is sound stupid . where i can download that drivers. tell me

I went back to the dets because the omega drivers enabled DISABLE ENHANCED CPU INSTRUCTIONS in rivatuner. When i uncheck the box my comp freezes when starting up.

so far... do the omega hav any bugs or error?? this is a beta release or non-beta?? for me... a slightly decrease in performance wont be too bad.... QUALITY is more important.....

This is the first official release...non-beta :D

I still can't tell the difference:confused:

lol

Doesnt the website or install instructions state that these drivers wont function as theyre supposed if you use any sort of tweaking tool?

Hi, I got 8188 in 3D 2002 with a Ti 4200 at default and the Det 29.42 WHQL's. With Omegas 29.42's I got 7845 but the images were much sharper. I,m currently running the Det 30.30's and got
8500, but to recreate the Omega effect I have to use 2x AA;)

I cannot tell the difference also and I have more speed with dets
GF4Ti 4600 3Dmark2001SE 28.90(the best dets for me) 9137
>> >> Omegas 8740

So why change?

In case you can tell the difference, and it does improve the look of a game, I'd use them except that I can't tell the difference besides loss of FPS.

Originally posted by mikewat49
Hi, I got 8188 in 3D 2002 with a Ti 4200 at default and the Det 29.42 WHQL's. With Omegas 29.42's I got 7845 but the images were much sharper. I,m currently running the Det 30.30's and got
8500, but to recreate the Omega effect I have to use 2x AA;)

Dont trust the 3D mark when compairing omega drivers because thay will fool you. 3d mark looks for FPS and even the slightest change will throw it off (the omegas DO lower FPS a tiny bit, but the better graphics make up for the 0-5 FPS loss).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back