Olympics Question

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Ok, I don't understand something, maybe someone can enlighten me. What the heck is up with the multiple scoring standards? In the mens all arround competition, all the competitors were judged out of an average starting at a 10.0 on the rings, except Bret McClure his max possible score according to the judges was only a 9.5! Why is that? Shouldn't everyone be judged on the same score shouldn't they be? Otherwise what is the point?

from what I understand some routines are worth more because they have a higher degree of difficulty. So if you ace an easy routine the points don't give you an advantage over someone who does a harder one. That being said I hate subjective sports, with the exception of Boxing (knockout) judges suck!!! you either have a race against time, a score counting up or down (darts) or something based on death and it qualifies as a sport to me... :D

I certainly thought that Brett deserved more than a 9.1xx, but are you sure that all of the others started at a 10.0? I see good reason in the way the scoring is set up, so I have no real argument with that.

By the way, what a great ending to the competition!

Well I can understand getting a lower score because you didn't do an routine that is as difficult as others, but you still should be judged out of the same number of points. Becuase what if you do the most amazing performance, no matter how good it is you will never receive a perfect score (no one ever gets a 10, ever even if it is the best ever seen in histroy).

It is like saying on a school test the whole class can get a 4.0 but your test is a little easier so your very best is only woth a max 3.0. With a scoring system like that, you don't even have a chance if everyone else totally screws up, because you can never get a high enough score.

And I am not saying that just because he is an american, I think EVERYONE in the same competition should judged on the same scale.

muzikool said:
I certainly thought that Brett deserved more than a 9.1xx, but are you sure that all of the others started at a 10.0? I see good reason in the way the scoring is set up, so I have no real argument with that.

By the way, what a great ending to the competition!
Yea that is what they said on MSNBC when they posted his dismal score. Was it a 9.8 performance?, no, but it should have at least received a 9.4 - 9.6. But as the perfect score for him was only a 9.5, he was screwed before he even began. And that goes for anyone that is judged out of normal scoring for the field.

But yea, talk about an amazing comeback!! After Paul's fall on the vault, I was sure it was all over for the US. Even he didn't belive it. I was in total disbelief with what happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back