older and games are starting to get boring...

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
man this is hella sad for me. i'm gtetting tired of games. its so boring now... Is this suppose to be natural when you age up? Are u guys getting sick of video games?

Not sick of them. Can't afford them is my problem. And for what they are they are very over priced, especially the ones completed in a day or two. :mad:

I got really bored and sick of video games when I was 12. After that, if I ever play, I play for no more then 30 minutes a day, once a week. If ever.

Originally posted by _DM_
man this is hella sad for me. i'm gtetting tired of games. its so boring now... Is this suppose to be natural when you age up? Are u guys getting sick of video games?

HELL NO!!! NEVER!!!

Sh!t, i'm gonna get an X Box with my Tax Refund... I hope :rolleyes:

Only prob is that it's more expensive to keep up the habit... TO DAMN EXPENSIVE!!! :p

Originally posted by Nick M
I got really bored and sick of video games when I was 12. After that, if I ever play, I play for no more then 30 minutes a day, once a week. If ever.

Sounds like yer an 80 year old in a kid suit... :p

I hope ya haven't lost yer imagination, cause when ya lose that... Man, it's time to cash it all in.

Ive gone through moods of not playing any games for weeks, you see my current pc isnt that powerful for 2days games. But I could never stop completely!:)

But when I get my new rig I'll be playing alot more :cool:

Chensu.

what do u mean by that?

When imagination is gone... so is life

Because without it you are just going through the motions of living. it's like breathing, you do it out of instinct natural reflex not because you think, *what would it be like to breath?*.

If you get to the point of living without thinking about it at all... Maaan, now THAT would be dull and useless and pretty much pointless.

I'm 18 now, i got bored of games when i was about 16, they just dont seem to hold my interest anymore. :huh:

Theres the occasional exeption tho, things like UT2003, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 0 ... pointless violence basically :p

Originally posted by gonaads
do it out of instinct natural reflex not because you think, *what would it be like to breath?

Thats true, but to often i'm thinking about how would it be to stop breathing...

anyway, I like computer games, i had some periods i didn't touch the PC except to check my email and look at p0rn, but that was a long time ago, now i'm back playing games, taking full advantage of the time I got left staring the screen with a dumb look.

I found myself as I get older looking for games that are longer in game play and not so much "hack and slash"

That and the simple fact is that I can not bring myself to ploping down 50 -60 dollars for a game when they should be sold for the same price as DVD's. I mean "come on" thats just being stupid. They will sell alot more if they sold them for under $20 each. I know I would buy my kids maybe a game a week at that price for their computer or their Playstation2. But at $50 - $60 each. They are lucky to get one every 3- 6 months.

Gonaads, trust me, I haven't lost imagination :p

I'm not planning on either. :cool:

I just...video games really bore me.

When Doom 3 comes out, I'll play it for 20 minutes, marvel at the graphics, then turn it off, and I'll forget about it.

I'll down err get games sometimes, for the sake of having them, Silent Hill 2, Warcraft 3.

I played them, but didn't get far, loose interest, very, very qucikly

I'd rather have someone be here and teach me how to code in C++ or Visual basic. That's so much more interesting.

I enjoy games...

yes there are a lot of them that are just plain crap..

however I do enjoy a few different types that challenge you or have multiple paths to a solution... like deus ex...

I used to enjoy sports games but they are not really my cuppa tea anymore...

the only games I have recently enjoyed have been deus ex/mohaa and spearhead/gta III

there are no other sp games that have really caught my eye... over too soon... even spearhead was like an hour or two long... though very nice and fun.. a tad too short...

my next game purchase will probably be splinter cell and DX 2...

I have gone back to playing some gta III since it is really cool finishing mini-missions like taxi cab/police/fire engine/ambulance among other things and looking for the hidden packages and insane stunts... thats what keeps it fun for me...

for mp I love playing RtCW and counter-strike... they are 2 very good team based games for me... UT2003 is ok... I just love the graphics and online non-stop action that comes with the game...

its been slow in terms of innovative games but I am going back to role playing games like warcraft and never winter nights soon :) been a while since I played rpg's... should be interesting...

I would have to agree with Nick M and _DM_

For me I don't find games as much fun as surfing the net and learning coding and stuff like that...

Besides that, it gets annoying how fast the industry is moving.. I bought a Dreamcast... was good for a 2 years, then thats it... cash out on a new console with all its new games. And for PC, it seems like everyday there is a new piece of hardware, and I just can't catch up. I have a GeForce 2 and don't plan on upgrading it.

Better still, I'm still in high school and have to study... and when I'm free from high school, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to play games.

Now, honestly, how many of you read all that? :)

nah don't think so...I have the same feeling but I know myself I am th freak of video games :cool: it happens to you because you have problems such as MATH :eek: it makes you hate your whole life.
the best way to get your days back is by organizing your time.

Re: Re: older and games are starting to get boring...

Originally posted by Octopus
nah don't think so...I have the same feeling but I know myself I am th freak of video games :cool: it happens to you because you have problems such as MATH :eek: it makes you hate your whole life.
the best way to get your days back is by organizing your time.

oooh low hitting post... lol...

:cool:

trying to set a new precedent here are ye octopus ?

:)

Re: Re: Re: older and games are starting to get boring...

Originally posted by Sazar
oooh low hitting post... lol...

:cool:

trying to set a new precedent here are ye octopus ?

:)

we men never tell the truth about ourselves, unlike women, they speak to anyone close to them about their problems ( aka crying on shoulders :D ) we keep everything for ourselves hiding it and day after day problems are getting bigger and in one moment we get exploded :cool:

iam 14 now and i noticed that i use to love playin games that were easy like killing somepeople walk around and win but now i like playin nascar seasons,football seasons, halo,splinter cell, all the long games also anyone hear any news bout xbox 2 or ps3

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back