Old pc...

sboulema

OSNN Veteran Addict
I have an old PC collecting dust and i cant think of what to do with it. Here are the specs:

P1 120mhz
1,2 gb HDD
12mb ram
Floppy-drive
CD-rom

I was thinking of putting linux on it, but i tried booting with knoppix and that comes up saying it doesnt have enough memory.
For some strange and dark mysterious reason it wont boot from the mandrake install cd or the lindows install cd. So im a bit stuck on the linux installing part. I cant make it a webserver since i dont have any more ports on my router free and its HDD is making those horrible "im gonna die soon" high-pitched noise :p

Do you guys have any idea what to do with it or how to get linux on it (im a complete linux beginner). Else i can only think of donating it to HardwareKill ;)

yeah most of the GUI type linux distros will want something like 128MB RAM
You could try something like FreeBSD or Debian though

HardwareKill is certainly an option though ;)

Unleashed said:
You could make a gateway using Smoothwall or Clarkconnect?
Well Smoothwall anyway, Clarkconnect requires 64MB RAM. On the other hand Smoothwall wants at least 32MB...

hmmm
I think im gonna drop it accidently out of my window :p
Any one here wants this scrapheap, you can come to holland and catch it on its way down ;)

Maybe Floppyfw can still run on those specs... ;)

And no, I don't want it if you through it away. I have enough of those as it is. ;)

if you do drop it out the window, film it and post it heheh i wanna see it FLY

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back