Old games vs new Games

raver

OSNN Newbie
I my self am a big fan of classic games. Iv always wondered what the rest of the community thinks , i just think classics are always better well a lest in 90% of cases better then expansions or new releases, but i don't know why i think that i just always enjoy classic better :| dose any one have a reason why?

i know i sound like an idiot but i'm just looking for a way to voice why i like classics better then expansions :| or new releases

Raver 2nv :)

The "classics" instituted many of the game-play mannerisms and plot twists and stories and themes that "new" games use. So the nostalgia factor is pretty high up there.

The new stories typically are disjointed and created more for money than originality and, let's face it, originality is a BIG piece of the puzzle when it comes to getting our endorphins going :)

Games like Doom and Wolfenstein and Half Life and Deus Ex, for example, established MANY of the elements seen in today's shooters and games like Fallout 3.

The freshest game I have played recently is Left 4 Dead and that was little more than a glorified version of Counter Strike, Zombie Mod. But, the game-play was phenomenal.

Sazar I Actually Pretty happy you mentioned the game Left 4 dead i was watching game play trailers and reading about it. The seems like some what of a dynamic multi player game so i agree i think its excellent haven't had a chance to play it yet though :(

and tyvm on your explanation on old vs new games you seem to have a very excellent grasp on whats going on in todays game market :)

All big thanks

Raver 2nv :)

I love old games but I think the ps era to the beginning of 360 were all junk. They didn't have 3d down 100% but their were some exceptions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back