anewhope

Right, here the spec of my machine:

Intel P4 1.7Ghz
256 RD Ram
Fujitsu 40 gig drive 7200 RPM
Leadtek Geforce II 64Mb
with Win XP Pro

And guess my 3dMark score, 2319!

Anyways to push this up a little? Or a lot ;)

Hey i didnt know 3dmark2002 was out yet....?????

In any case that score is waaaaaaaaaaay to high.....you'll have to find ways of slowing your machine down...i find running quake, unreal and tomb raider all at once does the trick!!!

Yeah, i freaking wish!

Although i get over 70fps on unreal Tournament

ok normal answer.. get the new nvidia drivers at http://www.nvidia.com

and that series of Geoforce cards were tuned to 800x600 resolution. the 3d mark se runs 1024x768 at default and a TI series or gf3 gets a big jump on 3d marks in the higher resolution.

My cpu: AMD Athlon T-Bird 1.33ghz
256mb DDR Ram 2100
30gb 7200rpm WD HD
GeForce 2 MX 32mb AGP
Windows XP Home

My score: 2882!

How am I getting better scores than? (Sorry for coming across cocky, just curious...)

-NytroX

My system;
Athlon Xp 1400+
Soyo k7v Dragon Plus mobo
VisionTek Geforce 3 (28.32 drivers)
512Mb DDR ram
Maxtor 7200 rpm,40 gig hd
Xp Home (to be replaced by Pro soon)

My score-6752 (not too bad)

3dmark is made for nvidia cards only, it sure doesnt like my v5 6000 :eek: :eek:hwell:

Performance-wise, I wouldn't recommend many of the drivers above 23.xx for GF2-based cards.

Shoulda gone AMD

well.....1st thing you shoulda got was an AMD processor,just plain and simply,better than P4 for 3D and games......hands down.But besides that you have only the G2 to work with........try gettin a G3 Ti200 and you be getting 6500-7000 average scores.Trust me......it is a worthy investment

BTW........get AMD next time.....you'll get what you pay for and the performance is the king

My score was 9660! I guess I should have gotten a amd chip!

p4 1.9@ 2310
g3 ti 500 260-562
p4te
drram:rolleyes:

I guess you should have got an AMD chip. because my Athlon XP 1700 running at 1.54 gig, with my Geforce3Ti500 @ 250/265 I get a whopping 9370 ! Thats a whole 700mhz+ slower than your machine, yet its on a par. I'll bet mine was cheaper too :D
But I wouldn't be complaining if I was you either ;)

I like to buy what I feel is the better product. Amd is alright if you got a lot of time to mess around fixing incompatability problems. Those are good scores. I hope that you some day have a bit more $ so you can afford intel!:rolleyes:

Incompatibility problems ? You should have a word with a couple of my mates who've recently bought p4 rigs, no end of problems.
Guess not everyone things Intel chips are all they're cracked up to be. Not saying AMD are better, just saying I've had a lot less problems with mine than those people i know with p4's.
I mainly use my pc for gaming, and that seems to be the Athlon XP's strong point, which is why I went with it. I was also looking at 2 gig p4's, but why spend my hard earned £'s when i could get the same performance for a lot less ? More money in my pocket to spend on other things rather than ploughing it all into my pc and not gaining anything in a gaming environment. Plus with the money I saved I got an Audigy card and Cambridge Inspire 5.1's, so not only does my pc cream the crap out of games, but it is also ridiculously loud. Oh, and I still had change left over from the price of a 2 gig p4 without the sound card and speakers. Perhaps 1 day I'll have enough £'s to buy a p4 as a second system for word processing
:D

Or maybe to run spreadsheets so I can keep track of all my lovely dosh ;)

Originally posted by Gnu
Performance-wise, I wouldn't recommend many of the drivers above 23.xx for GF2-based cards.

Would be very weird as NVIDIA produce generic drivers, would also mean the loss of Nview etc.

Do plan on getting a GeForce3 or 4 shortly, but I have just got an AthlonXP so I will have to checkout my 3dmark when I get it fitted.

Dunno why this thread was locked... ah well

Elitegroup K7S5A latest BIOS
AthlonXP 1700+
Western Digital 40gig WB400bb
512megs PC-133 RAM
NVidia GeForce3 Ti 200 128megs DDR
SBLive value :p

Get about 6350, which I think is about right

My housemate has an identical system with only 64megs less on his Geforcec3 and 256megs of DDR ram rather than 512sdram and he gets 6600 - the *******, think DDR ram and a nicec SB Audigy could be my next updates...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back