old Futuremark 3DMark2001 SE Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
blah... i don't wanna fry my processor or anything... is there a how to guide for that?

Forums are the how to guides overclockers.com is a place to look around... you really need to read up on that before trying it, the most important aspect is the vcore = heat you need really good cooling and a very good understanding of how it works ..but its not as scary as it sounds really a few searches and a little research and your good to go.

PS: In the summer I dont overclock as much because it gets really hot here unless I spend a few hundred over the summer and run the AC like a madman to keep the room cool LOLOL

Ok "it's" in, just ran a benchmark with complete stock settings:

23398 points
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8011245

I don't know if I am going to overclock this thing, at this stage, but the sensor tells me it is running at 59 degrees, which is not too bad at all.

Bizarrely, the post above my last becnhmark still has the benchmarks from my 9800 Pro, which even beats it in three of the tests.

Looking

(Welcome to the club!! :))

Ok, looks like you installed the drivers that came with the card?
Go to www.nvidia.com and get the 61.77 drivers

That should give you a performance increase. Also its like I say, Rel6 is not for the 6800 range, it was for the FX range. Rel65 is the one we need -- but NVIDIA are waiting, but there is a leak (not worth testing imho)

One last thing, were the tests fluid or where there pauses (for up to 30 seconds?) and do you experience this in games? Had this problem with my card but POV released an updated firmware based on an nvidia firmware... this was only with the first batch of the cards tho and the problem should have been dealt with... Anyway, drivers give those a go...!!

How about 2k3 ? :)

The tests were smooth no interruptions at all. Very good.

Games have been good, although I've noticed a little break up in Doom3, little flickers of the polygons around the weapons etc...

I'm currently running D3 at max everything except AA which is currently 4x. Game is very smooth, but lagged a bit with full AA.

How do I get the extra 3000?

Oh and DX 9.0c? My friend sent me this and when I ran it the app wanted to know where to install - odd I thought. DX 9.0c wasn't available on the M$ update site. I'm currently on 9.0b. Is this a full release or a beta etc..?

The latest public version is 9.0c, also comes with SP2

Doom3 is likely to be a bit lagged with full AA, I think most things will be :)

As for the 3000, try new drivers.

I do have a different processor and I don't think RAM is an issue.

Even tho I am running a 64bit processor, I am still using a 32bit OS - even still it does have extra features that still work with 32bit os, that will give advantages.

Also even tho I stated I am at stock, I had Turbo mode enabled in my bios, seemed to make things run at a higher temp, so faster.

Also my POV card, as stock comes with 2D 400/1000 3D 415/1100

Also what is a slimline startup? I normally kill the odd service before I do mine.

Electronic Punk said:
The latest public version is 9.0c, also comes with SP2

Doom3 is likely to be a bit lagged with full AA, I think most things will be :)

As for the 3000, try new drivers.

I do have a different processor and I don't think RAM is an issue.

Even tho I am running a 64bit processor, I am still using a 32bit OS - even still it does have extra features that still work with 32bit os, that will give advantages.

Also even tho I stated I am at stock, I had Turbo mode enabled in my bios, seemed to make things run at a higher temp, so faster.

Also my POV card, as stock comes with 2D 400/1000 3D 415/1100

Also what is a slimline startup? I normally kill the odd service before I do mine.

The graphics problems have gone with the new drivers.

I'm thinking about SP2 ;)

Slimline startup - everything disabled via msconfig, bit not a drastic improvement (300 over normal).

Also with Turbo mode but not OC'd - that was a huge difference on original bench with my old Ti4600.

Intersting that results were much more comparable with 3dmark03

I get 7625 on my new laptop (specs below). With the newest Omega drivers (based on Catalyst 4.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back