old Futuremark 3DMark2001 SE Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice system Sazar. There was once a time when I could compete with the best. Technology has moved too much for me to keep up now. Especially since I don't really need the speed.

Heeter said:
LeeJend,

You always put your fingers where they don't belong..........
I guess it's better than sticking your nose in there!

Heeter

And better than sticking his fingers in his nose too I would think :D

TheBlueRaja said:
Hehe,
I wrecked my old Ti4400 with a hoover....

Dont ask..

Was that like a dare , Like I dare you not to ask ?? I am calling you out

"Pageing TheBlueRaja, TheBlueRaja please step up to the microphone "

LOLOL :rolleyes:

Noooo this is grim, I need help :(

3DMark 2001SE 330 [default settings]

I got 9730 with this system:

Windows XPP fresh install [system newly built]
i865 P4P800 Delux MOBO [800 MHZ FSB, 128 MB AGP aperture]
3.4 GHz intel P4
Ti 4600 128 MB nVidia Graphics Card [latest drivers]
2048 MB Corsair DDR 500 MHz ram [PC4000]
MAXTOR SATA 150 HDD
550W PSU

Honestly I'd expected way better than this, I feel like chucking the whole rubbish box in the bin :mad:

That system should be one of the fastest on this thread. There are a kazillion ways to tweak the system for performance. How much tweaking have you done?

Mubbers said:
Noooo this is grim, I need help :(

3DMark 2001SE 330 [default settings]

I got 9730 with this system:

Windows XPP fresh install [system newly built]
i865 P4P800 Delux MOBO [800 MHZ FSB, 128 MB AGP aperture]
3.4 GHz intel P4
Ti 4600 128 MB nVidia Graphics Card [latest drivers]
2048 MB Corsair DDR 500 MHz ram [PC4000]
MAXTOR SATA 150 HDD
550W PSU

Honestly I'd expected way better than this, I feel like chucking the whole rubbish box in the bin :mad:

Yes I would expect more from that setup as well not sure where to start but , the newest drivers are not going to be the fastest for you, you will say what does he know he has an ATI9600 XT, well I just moved my Ti4200 over to my other rig and I have a link in my sig to my 3dmark2001 Ti4200 score ( why because I love my Ti ) ok so back to your setup, I would suggest either the same set I used Omega's either 44.03 or 43.45.

Then its all about testing and tweaking .. Another thing is this benchmarking is not the real gaming world , I have used drivers that benched lower but play better and that happens alot, I benched my brand new 9600 XT and without really setting anything up other than installing drivers got into the 13,000 range but I did not match my all time record set with my Ti4200 ,

but when I play games its like night and day in some games its almost unreal like NFSU with the new card I am maxed out on all settings and its so fat and smooth now , when as with the Ti4200 I was always getting stutter, and in NHL2004 I was not able to run at 1280x1024 but I am now ...so what I am really trying to say is don't worry about the benchmarks to much when your games are playing fine. :)

I don't know how to show FPS in BF1942 but I'm playing DC and BF1942 at 1152x864 with max on all settings and it's super smooth.

So like you say if it works... :)

But talking of tweaking is there a guide for me to follow?

its not bad... :D

I got bout the same with default clocks as well... though with tweaked memory timings...

this bios feels a little snappier too.. i might run a benchmark later on next week with the new device drivers and see what I get.. :)

you can oc various components or tweak settings... or a combination..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back