Old DOS Games under XP

F

fishbone

Ok, so I have a collection of old DOS games, aka abandonware, and all refuse to run under XP. I've always known XP had a problem running old games but never took it seriously until now. So, do you guys know of a solution, or an emulator? Already tried running them Win95/98 compatibility mode, but no luck. Thanks!

I have had very few problems running DOS games under XP...perhaps even fewer than under Win 98, what games/programs are you trying to run and what are the problems...i.e the same for evry program? etc?

Having said that tere are some good Dos emulators out there...

Thanks for the response. I d-loaded DOS Box, will try it out. The only problems I'm running into is DOS games, that's it. All the other progs run like a dream.

Has anyone hear got the original Quake to work on XP?

that's why I have Win98 SE on another partition just to play DOS games like Leisure Suit Larry!

Yeah, I have multiple OSes too. Win Me and Linux Mandrake. But since I run so many apps I hate to boot under different os just to play 2-3 games

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back