OK /me idiot - lost ftp'd files!

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
OK guys I am prepared to get laughed at a LOT here - but this is what I just did....

Decided time for a new FTP cliend and downloaded FileZilla - all installed OK and of course pretty easy to use (I used to use WSftp)

Entered my ftp site for my ISP's space and the relevant username password and port 20 I think...

Voila all seems dandy - so I create me a pics directory and upload three from my weekend away....

BUT when I browse to my userdir and look for them - nothing there! My sigs are linked fromt he same web space, least I think they are! And they are there, as you can see!

Now I know this is something really dumb - just not what - so someone tell me how tf i messed this up or or what I am missing, I KNOW it has got to be simple and obvious....

There was definite conection/log in/and activity to transfer the files - so this is not an FTP issue - just a dumb user messing up!

BTW on the FTP directory listing my SIGS directory was not showing up - and another did as www - maybe that's something to do with it /me goes off to play some more....

[EDIT] YEAH! that was it :) http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~pisces/pics/Picture 004.jpg now you can see my girl from her holiday (yeah, I know it is sideways!) [/EDIT]

OK guys I am prepared to get laughed at a LOT here

HAHA.

*points and laughs*

heh. Couldn't help it. :laugh:

It's always nice to figure it out yerself... Before ya end up lookin completely brain dead. :p

gonaads said:
It's always nice to figure it out yerself... Before ya end up lookin completely brain dead. :p

That would be true under normal circumstances - but he shares a house with a unix/windows datacentre support techie guy who could have saved the embarrasment of the post :D

uhm...major brain cramp, losing a picture of his daughter who is a major cutie, temporary insanity, any of those qualify?:laugh:

LordOfLA said:
That would be true under normal circumstances - but he shares a house with a unix/windows datacentre support techie guy who could have saved the embarrasment of the post :D

Hah!

Someone slap him. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back