OK /me idiot - lost ftp'd files!

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
OK guys I am prepared to get laughed at a LOT here - but this is what I just did....

Decided time for a new FTP cliend and downloaded FileZilla - all installed OK and of course pretty easy to use (I used to use WSftp)

Entered my ftp site for my ISP's space and the relevant username password and port 20 I think...

Voila all seems dandy - so I create me a pics directory and upload three from my weekend away....

BUT when I browse to my userdir and look for them - nothing there! My sigs are linked fromt he same web space, least I think they are! And they are there, as you can see!

Now I know this is something really dumb - just not what - so someone tell me how tf i messed this up or or what I am missing, I KNOW it has got to be simple and obvious....

There was definite conection/log in/and activity to transfer the files - so this is not an FTP issue - just a dumb user messing up!

BTW on the FTP directory listing my SIGS directory was not showing up - and another did as www - maybe that's something to do with it /me goes off to play some more....

[EDIT] YEAH! that was it :) http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~pisces/pics/Picture 004.jpg now you can see my girl from her holiday (yeah, I know it is sideways!) [/EDIT]

gonaads said:
It's always nice to figure it out yerself... Before ya end up lookin completely brain dead. :p
That would be true under normal circumstances - but he shares a house with a unix/windows datacentre support techie guy who could have saved the embarrasment of the post :D

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
uhm...major brain cramp, losing a picture of his daughter who is a major cutie, temporary insanity, any of those qualify?:laugh:

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
LordOfLA said:
That would be true under normal circumstances - but he shares a house with a unix/windows datacentre support techie guy who could have saved the embarrasment of the post :D

Hah!

Someone slap him. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut