Ok HUGE PROBLEM

A

Agurri

The command CTRL + ALT + DEL isn't working. I'm using XP Professional. I dunno whats going on. When I press ctrl+alt+del, there is a window and there, I choose task manager and then.... nothing happend. Its coming back to desktop... HELP ME I NEED YOU!

Try Right clicking the task bar then 'task manager'

or

Start > Run > taskmgr

Try a windows install; like the fix install option. Some files may be missing.

What did you mean by trying both? Both of Speedy's options or both posts?

Posted by Nick M
Try a windows install; like the fix install option. Some files may be missing.
agurri, he meant do the install option off of the cd and it will replace files that are corrupt or missing. everything else should remain intact.

Try doing a system restore before doing a repair of xp. Much easier. Can't find it on the strat menu. I must have moved mine. Anyway first create a shortcut to it. Right click on the desktop/new/shorcut. Paste this in....%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe
Now open system restore & choose 'restore my computer to an earlier time'. Choose one that is not too old to begin with.

Sorry about the shortcut stuff. Mabe it might be in your start menu somewhere.

it might be that it is turned off in the services check there,
controle panel/administrative tools/ services

To canadian_divx: Ok, I got XP in french and Task Manager in french is Gestionnaire des taches... and its not ****ing there...

Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore - mine has always been there!;) ;)

You can find some brief instructions here .

Pick the restore point that you think was created before you had the problem.

Just in case you'd like some more info on system restore - what it does and how it works - you can look here .

Ok, I'm sorry of the non-reply.... I didn't do the restore system because I think the problem has always been there since I resintall Windows in July.... Is there any way we could actifve the Task Manager, like puting it on/off ??? In the control panel/administrative tools/ services , the Task Manager is not even there.....

Those symptoms sound familiar. There was a woman at work who opened a screen saver (it really wasn't) recently that was emailed from someone and it caused the symptoms you describe. I'll bet you can't run regedit either. Not sure what was done with her PC since then.

Anyway, did you download something questionable recently?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back