ok, got the mogul (6800)

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
got it in the mail today which was a big surprise since they told me yesterday I was getting the phone mailed to me

anyway, so far I don't see the big deal, it's almost identical to the 6700, which I loved...I know it accesses a faster network but as far as the hardware, seems the same

this one is thinner though, and I guess they were going for light but that lightness makes it feel pretty cheap

it's got more hardware buttons which is great, I assign those buttons and they come in handy, it's got a very bright screen too

I haven't made any calls but I'm told the sound isn't much improved, and there are still volume issues however I just got done with voicemail and the speaker phone volume is about twice the 6700 so that's great right there

battery life is supposed to be excellant but I never had a problem with the battery on the 6700 so that doesn't phase me

over all, not real impressed yet, what is so special and what can I do that I couldn't do with the 6700?

I know they are claiming this is microsofts answer to the iphone but really, I don't see it, the screen isn't nearly as nice as the iphone

anyway, when some of you guys get yours tell me what this thing does that I couldn't do with my old phone

btw

the reason they sent me this is they couldn't fix my 6700 and they didn't have any of those any more so this is my replacement, first they gave me the 700w and now they are swapping that for this

The HTC Titan (Mogul, 6800) is not a response to the iPhone. That would be the HTC Touch which is not available here in the US (yet).

However, the Titan is a huge improvement over the HTC Apache (6700). At least it should be; hardware and software wise.

The HTC Titan (Mogul, 6800) is not a response to the iPhone. That would be the HTC Touch which is not available here in the US (yet).

However, the Titan is a huge improvement over the HTC Apache (6700). At least it should be; hardware and software wise.
will this phone support "touch" when it is available?

as fare as the huge improvement in the software, care to elaborate?

I thought the 6700 os was excellant

WM6 > WM5 hands down; especially when coupled with Exchange Server 2007.

The only device to support TouchFLO at this time is the HTC Touch.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back