Oh..where's my video card ?

Punkychan

OSNN Addict
I had 1 AGP and 1 PCI installed and all was working well until this morning when I disconnected my dvi connector to change my furniture.Then, only the PCI started and the AGP was missing.Not detected by XP.Reinstalled the drivers a few times , same thing happened.
AGP -Nvidia 7500 LE
PCI - Nvidia GeForce.Now the driver only recognised the PCI ...what should I do ?:nervous:

Hi Punky,

Open the case and remove the PCI card. Reboot the machine with the monitor hooked up to the AGP. Then shut down and reinstall the PCI. Reboot. XP is just thinking that the PCI card is the default monitor.

Heeter

Yep !! The PCI is set to start first.I got it configured and set to ' AGP ' yet it didn't work and..now it's back to normal.What happened was after all these trouble , I updated to the latest driver ( ver 7.7 ) but that screwed it up.I revised back to older version ( 6.6 ) and is working fine now.Thanks mate for all ye help !!

Glad you figured it out, Bud...

Good on ya,

Heeter

I refer to my last post yesterday stating that I've figured it out.
But then, this morning when I started my PC it happened again.I switch to another agp card it worked well but when I switched again to the previous one it couldn't be figured out.A question: is it a sign of the video card going ?? I bought it about a year ago.Nvidia Ge Force 5700LE.I love this one because it has a dvi connector.Any says ??

If it works alone in the machine then it is not your card. Usually a video card that is showing signs of dying usually appears as artifacts onscreen. I think that your situation is more derived from unstable drivers.

Heeter

What's next ? Should I try to uninstall the driver and re install again ? As I had mentioned in my earlier post their latest driver didn't work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back