oh no!

-seek-

OSNN Addict
I have XP Pro and was kind of messing around with folder sharing settings and trying to learn. Well, I ended up setting “Users (SYS1\Users” to “Deny Read and Execute \ List Folder Contents \ Read”. It was my downloaded files folder and I do have them on backup but I was wondering is there a way to gain access to these files and folders again or delete it all without formatting?

-thx

did you try going into safe mode and going in as admin ??

By the way, Rogers Waters flipping ROX !!

If that's not the case already, log in as Administrator and take ownership of the folder, then reasign desired rights to all users; that's what I would do...

Yeah, take ownership of the folder and all the files and you should be fine :)

I've been looking on Microsoft's web site and found a interesting section on it. There is no way to access that folder again or get it back for that matter even with my Admin account because anything in the Users group is blocked and the admin is in there. I already formatted the hard drive. So all is good... Just alittle stressed. :yowch:

Shame.
Regardless of permissions, the owner of a file or folder will have the ability to change the permissions that are set on it.

And an admin, or a member of the local administrators group can take ownership of a folder.

Attachments

• Permissions.jpg
    Permissions.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 53
lol well that's windows, it takes ownership of the directories and the system too

Electronic Punk said:
Shame.
Regardless of permissions, the owner of a file or folder will have the ability to change the permissions that are set on it.

And an admin, or a member of the local administrators group can take ownership of a folder.

If I had two networked computers I would be able to get them back but I do not.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back