Oh No!!!!

F

Fifaheat

i just tried to boot up windows, and the following message appered:

windows was unable to located \windows\system32\config\system

so i booted up from the winxp cd, and selected R and its taken me to the console, what do i do??

thanx in advance

its one problem after another!!

FifaHeat

F

Fifaheat

it says:

which windows installation would u like to log into?

i can only press one letter

how can i recover by my file!

Lonman

Bleh!
The regisitry is corrupt. Try booting to 'last known good configuration.' I believe the option shows in the F8 options.

F

Fifaheat

i did that i it still comes up with the corrupt error message...?

Lonman

Bleh!
E

existenz

I think you should go to Repair INSTALLATION...not repair console.

To get to repair installation, do not press "r" on the first screen. Instead select, Install Windows XP...then on the screen where it asks you to format your drives, there'll be an option for repair installation...Do that...hope it helps ;)

F

Fifaheat

it doesn't give me an option of that.

i pressed install windows xp, and it tries to located windows 98 etc to upgrade off, but i cant find it.

i have windows xp home edition...

??? any more ideas ???

ive got a lot of school coursework on this, and i dont want to loose it! so how can i recover my school stuff? how can i put it on a floppy disc from the command??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR