Oh my god, I broke my iPod

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political Access
I'm afraid I did something stupid today, I dropped my iPod Touch on a stone step as I left work and cracked the screen. Good news is it still works okay, I can't believe I did that :eek: :cry:

Attachments

• eek.jpg
    eek.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 6,983
Now you have an excuse to get the new iPod Touch that is rumored to launch in September. ;)

Zune hd tbh, although if they will make it Europe I can only cross my fingers ;s

Fingerprints, AHOY! lol

Seriously though..... i can't believe you don't seem to really ever clean that thing. I'm constantly wiping off the screen of my iPhone.... and i have the 3GS... which has that coating on it that helps cut down on fingerprints and kill/resist bacteria.

My daughter did the same thing with her iPhone yet it still worked until she could finally afford to replace it

Now you have an excuse to get the new iPod Touch that is rumored to launch in September. ;)
I won't be buying another one, I can't afford to and I didn't buy this one it was free with hubbys mobile phone contract. I couldn't bring myself to spend that amount of cash on a gadget if I did have it, thats way down the bottom of my list of things to buy. :speechless:

Fingerprints, AHOY! lol
Seriously though..... i can't believe you don't seem to really ever clean that thing. I'm constantly wiping off the screen of my iPhone.... and i have the 3GS... which has that coating on it that helps cut down on fingerprints and kill/resist bacteria.
Seriously one photo tells you I never clean it? Finger prints were the last thing on my mind at the time, I was too busy trying to take pics and hold it in the correct light. Actually I get sick of wiping it all the time, it looks lovely and clean one minute then next thing you know there's huge swipe marks and stuff everywhere. I need a pointy stick to poke it with instead :laugh:

Fingerprints, AHOY! lol

The anti-glare screen protector eliminates most finger prints. Which is why I use it :)

And Marge, sorry about your iPod. I wonder if there is any kind of fix that Apple can do for that?

Last edited:
The anti-glare screen protector eliminates most finger prints. Which is why I use it :)

And Marge, sorry about your iPod. I wonder if there is any kind of fix that Apple can do for that?
There is but it costs a lot of money and to get it done at a iPod repair centre it'd cost about £59.95 :speechless:
I thought I saw something on the web about being able to replace the screens yourself. It dates back tot he early ones that would scrath if you looked at them too hard... I'll see if I can find the info.

How to:
How to replace your iPod screen Red Chaos’ PC Tech & Gaming

Screen, tools and Video instructions $30:
Welcome to DigiExpress - Low Prices, Fast Delivery!

Screen $36
Kokopelli Music - Lifetime Guaranteed Parts for your iPod and iPhone!
Yeah I saw that earlier but these things are never as simple as they look and I'd end up doing more damage :rolleyes:

All I can say is, ouch.

But I see the evilness of apple tech ipods is making itself felt :devious:

Says a lot for the product if it still works after getting its butt kicked like that :)

Since it was free I don't see a *real* loss in the financial department. If I had wasted so much money on something like an iTouch or iPhone it would have been dramatic. I hope you've backed everything up!

That picture sent shivers down my spine. I hate seen technology broken or not working. It's a really depressing site to see. Just to know that it may never work again and it's just a pile of junk... Thank god it's still working, eh? Try to keep it that way next time!! ;)

Yeah I saw that earlier but these things are never as simple as they look and I'd end up doing more damage :rolleyes:

Marge, shame on you! What kind of a techie nerd are you.
My boss got told $600 bucks to fix a circuit broad in his pool contoller. He went on line and found instructions to fix it it for $1 in materials. And that is a manager and we all know how inept they are. :)

Plan B - Marge what kind of a woman are you. Flutter your eyelashes at some hopeless male techie nerd and get him to fix it for you. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back