Oh Man, Im Soooo Angry!!!!!

metalhead152

OSNN Junior Addict
Please please help me:)

Okay here goes, I formated my hard drive, partitioned as NTFS andtryedto install windows, I boot from the CD and its fine up untilabout50 % and then give me a "The file ***** was not copied correctly"error:mad:!!!now befor you go and say "well its a burnt copy it wont work go andbuythe real thing" please consider this, Ive installed it on myothercomputer(Ill refer to it as "the new computer" and it went totallyfineNOTHINg went wrong !!!(same hard drive, i just dissconnected fromtheother computer and hooked it up to the one it works on):speechless:Idont know if its a hardware thing or what?! Ive tryed gettingothercopies and it still works on the new computer, I've try changingthecdrom drives and it still works on the other computer!:mad:WHAT IS THE DEAL!?:)
Sorry to sound so mad but its 2:30 in the morning and IM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!
Ive try everything that I can think of, If anyone has any other Ideasorsuggestion please help me, I WILL WORSHIP YOU if it works

It's either a problem with the media itself or the drive. Not a whole lot can be done.

What stage of the install did it get to ? 50% of what?
What was the exact error?

Maybe your ram is bad. I had the same probs with installing xp and it stopping in certain places. Change the ram with another computer and see if that helps.

If it's 2:30 AM I suggest getting some sleep. That usually helps. If itdoesn't, get a new disc. As long as you have a license you can installfrom a burnt copy.

Well the error was "the file (whatever file it is, ussually tourw.exe but there have been otheres mostly .dll's) was not copied correctly, then it give me the option to quit installation and restart or to retry to copy the file(doesnt work:)

As far as the ram thing goes ill give it a try, but why or how could that help, im intrested to know :)

btw it stops at 50-70% inbetween there somewhere:)
and should I be using DDR ram or Sd ram Or does it matter?:)

Something bad could of happend to it and did some damage. Like for me i had my phone line zapped which killed my modem and my ram. Just a few different things.

I've had the same issue! It always stopped on shell32.dll, no matter what media I used. I tested the memory, 25 passes with MemTest86 and no errors. I found it strange that it always stopped on the same file, regardless of media used. Mind you, that meant it would stop at 2% with one and 18% with another. Now explain that one!? I was able to complete the installation bypassing the file. I haven't noticed any issues yet, and I have upgraded the system to SP2 also.

1. run memtest86 (google)
2. try a diff cd drive.
3. (if the file is being made from a iso it could be corupt somehow)

OH CRAP :(
Okay It changed the memory and booted it up again...gave me a blank screen with three long beeps:( so I put the DDR 512 Mb ram Stick in the other ddr slot, THREE LONG BEEPS... looked at the interweb on google and tryed changing the FSB Jumper to 100mghz NO BEEBS!!:) But still Blank Screen:(...... WTF DID I DO !! Please help:)

metalhead152 said:
OH CRAP :(
Okay It changed the memory and booted it up again...gave me a blank screen with three long beeps:( so I put the DDR 512 Mb ram Stick in the other ddr slot, THREE LONG BEEPS... looked at the interweb on google and tryed changing the FSB Jumper to 100mghz NO BEEBS!!:) But still Blank Screen:(...... WTF DID I DO !! Please help:)

So you put in different stick of memory and you got the beeps? So you added the other stick of memory? Did you take out the first stick and tried it with just the one that was in there originally? Perhaps the other stick is bad. As far as installing Winxp, try copying all of the files to your hard drive and installing XP that way. I couldn't get it to install from the cd because of my cd-rom drive. But it would copy them to the hard drive. It worked fine for me.

All the ram is good (sd and ddr) I dont under stand :( I changed the FSB jumper pack to where it was before (133) and still the same problem:(
The computer boots like theres deffinitly power there but the screen stays black, the power light is flashing like its in stand by mode:( I'vd tried plugging in the monitor to my videocard and the on board video on the motherboard... still nothing:(

Okay I unplugged all dvices, cd, harddrive, even the all in wonder 8500 and nothing on the screen, no beeps not even when theres no ram installed.., seems like it has power, but monitor still in stand by mode:( NO CLUE what happend, changeed the fsb jumper to 100 and 133 nuthin, no luck whats the dilleo>?

OK OK OK I hope you are no longer angry (computer rage never fixed a problem IMHO, but made plenty!)

So my first hint would be to start a new thread (with a linkie back here if you like) that has the subject stating where you are at and what your problem is....

I am sorry you are getting probs - but I am equally certain they will be overcome and you'll have your rig working and your being angry will fade as a distant memory....

Look forward to seeing new thread and posting there .... ;)

Try and copy it to another media. More than likely the media you are using is damaged. Take a look at it, if you see any scratches or minor gouges ? take some toothpaste and give it a good scrub, then try and reinstall it ..

As another note: You didn't use Easy CD Creator to copy it did you ???

I'd also suggest he tell us more about his system. Was he overclocking it? What type motherboard? etc. When you turn the power on are the fans spinning? At this point it could be that your power supply died. And that is why nothing is coming up. You said you had another computer that works. Try swapping out that power supply and see if you can get it to start. If that works then we can try and get XP installed.

I liked the part where he unplugged the video card and was upset the monitor stayed in standby...

Put it all back together exactly the way it was when it just wouldn't load windows. Make sure all the connectors and parts you put back have the connectors in the right direction and are firmly seated.

PC rules:
-Never work on them after 10PM, you get even stupider late at night.
-Never work on them after drinking or doing drugs, you get stupider.
-Never work on them when emotionally upset, you get stupider
-Never make 2 changes at a time, no configuration control.
-Never do a low level format on a drive. you don't have the equipment for it.
-Do not mix SDRAM and DDR it won't work.

If you ever get it working again:
-Reset the CMOS memory jumper following the manufacturers instructions about powering off and unplugging.
-Run the manufacturers hard disk diagnostics from the floppy.
-Clean the CD drive or try a different one.
-Reformat the HD again.

All the ram is good (sd and ddr) I dont under stand I changed the FSB jumper pack to where it was before (133) and still the same problem
The computer boots like theres deffinitly power there but the screen stays black, the power light is flashing like its in stand by mode I'vd tried plugging in the monitor to my videocard and the on board video on the motherboard... still nothing

Does your motherboard support different types of RAM? You might not have wanted to jam RAM that doesn't fit into the slot.

lol I didnt use a different type of ram for the wrong slot belive me, it slid in there like i do with my girlfriend:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back