Official WOW Thread

Ha, I just took a break from the game too. Really hope is makes pvp more balanced and pve more challenging

unlikely. I heard from the faimilly that warlocks are out damaging paladins at the moment, so I'm expecting to hear of swings of a large nerf bat again :D

unlikely. I heard from the faimilly that warlocks are out damaging paladins at the moment, so I'm expecting to hear of swings of a large nerf bat again :D

LOL... oh yeah, as we sit here waiting for 3.2 to be implimented, all I hear from my friends was how the entire WotLK patch was pre-nerfed. Sadly tho, I have to agree. I mean some of the content "nerfing" was needed, but I remember when the game used to be a challenge to play. LOL.. .now the only thing challenging is finding good team players.

............swoooooosh
(sound of the inevitable "very large" nerf bat again)

Last edited:
New to this forum! But like sound of this section already.
Played WoW for 4.5 years, and yes I'm a hunter.
The days of 60 were actually challenging and EPIC were worth something, through to 70, sadly some nerfs came, but some were needed, but some just took it too far and made game easy,
WOTLK made it too easy, I mean at level 74 my druid was getting 1.5k dps all time etc (trash mobs or bosses in AN etc)
Don't like sound of 3.2, new 80's will have good gear for farming heriocs, i prefer keeping epics in raids, and making the new 80's work at quests for blues, then heriocs for iLevel 200 blues/epics and using badges to upgrade to raid gear, I see where Blizzard comes from, they want every1 to have even chance, but I think blizzard are being too lazy right now.
Tier gear looks ****, same models as before tbh, and they will nerf some1 too much and 3.2.1 (quick after they make mistakes), they'll boost them and nerf someone else!

As hunter, I'm quite happy atm, we have good dps, and own in PVP and PVE, I can get steady 4.5k Dps, and my druid healer is doing well (altho been nerfed in pve i'd say, pvp we're too good) at 2.2k hps in ulduar. I quit my raiding guild, as for first time in 2years of raiding, i didnt enjoy it being too easy and loot being so worthless haha, hardmodes were fun i guess

I hope 3.3 will bring rewards for RAIDERS and make Icecrown Citadel a challenging raid.
In patch 3.1, I did 5 bosses in Ulduar10 on patch day! shows how easy it is

I'd like to hear your opinions on 3.2, whether it's too easy, or it's fair balancing game
Cheeers

Thunderbert, Champion of the Frozen Wastes, 80 Tauren Hunter.
<Night Wolves>

Was actually discussing this fairly recently with my guilds other hunters and yeah the epic quest for the bow/stave was good stuff.

I am not sure what we hit on our first week of 3.1, I think we had some misconceptions about XT on the first night (we didn't bother with PTR) so didn't get it down (we thought dpsing the heart too much would engage hard mode when in fact it makes life easier)

3.2, who knows - I suspect it is out next week now really, just have to blunder along now really, I don't have the time to theorycraft but pretty sure I can just carry on as I do.

Good class and race ;)

Electronicus, 80 Tauren Hunter
<Maligned>

well atleast you're both sensible and playing horde :)

how anyone can pay alliance and not get bored braindead I don't know...

well atleast you're both sensible and playing horde :)

how anyone can pay alliance and not get bored braindead I don't know...

Not to mention that Alliance is gum drops and lollipops.

Three PTR builds in three days, I think it might be out this week :eek:
Or at the latest next week!

The patch was done today, though it was supposed to be back at 1100Hrs, its still offline.

Sadly its slowy becoming nearly a six day site for the third week in a row:rolleyes:

LOL... oh yeah, as we sit here waiting for 3.2 to be implimented, all I hear from my friends was how the entire WotLK patch was pre-nerfed. Sadly tho, I have to agree. I mean some of the content "nerfing" was needed, but I remember when the game used to be a challenge to play. LOL.. .now the only thing challenging is finding good team players.

............swoooooosh
(sound of the inevitable "very large" nerf bat again)

From the way the game is being designed by Blizzard now, I think it is actually being pushed more to find good players and make it a bit easier to level and get to a point to play the rest of the game. I put a lot of time into the game and never got to even barely do 5 groups, let alone a 40 man raid cuz i dont have 8 hours a day to play it.

New to this forum! But like sound of this section already.
Played WoW for 4.5 years, and yes I'm a hunter.
The days of 60 were actually challenging and EPIC were worth something, through to 70, sadly some nerfs came, but some were needed, but some just took it too far and made game easy,
WOTLK made it too easy, I mean at level 74 my druid was getting 1.5k dps all time etc (trash mobs or bosses in AN etc)
Don't like sound of 3.2, new 80's will have good gear for farming heriocs, i prefer keeping epics in raids, and making the new 80's work at quests for blues, then heriocs for iLevel 200 blues/epics and using badges to upgrade to raid gear, I see where Blizzard comes from, they want every1 to have even chance, but I think blizzard are being too lazy right now.
Tier gear looks ****, same models as before tbh, and they will nerf some1 too much and 3.2.1 (quick after they make mistakes), they'll boost them and nerf someone else!

As hunter, I'm quite happy atm, we have good dps, and own in PVP and PVE, I can get steady 4.5k Dps, and my druid healer is doing well (altho been nerfed in pve i'd say, pvp we're too good) at 2.2k hps in ulduar. I quit my raiding guild, as for first time in 2years of raiding, i didnt enjoy it being too easy and loot being so worthless haha, hardmodes were fun i guess

I hope 3.3 will bring rewards for RAIDERS and make Icecrown Citadel a challenging raid.
In patch 3.1, I did 5 bosses in Ulduar10 on patch day! shows how easy it is

I'd like to hear your opinions on 3.2, whether it's too easy, or it's fair balancing game
Cheeers

Thunderbert, Champion of the Frozen Wastes, 80 Tauren Hunter.
<Night Wolves>

Well these days 4.5k dps is kinda meh (for 25 mans for sure), but then the post was rather dated. I've seen mages pull up around 10k dps, though on anub'arak (still working on him in TotGC 25) my current guild, we were clocking in at a combined 225,000 dps. I'm still working on my hunter though (well was before I got stuck on dialup due to financial reasons), but he was only doing about 6.7 or 6.8k dps on Koralan for instance. We pretty much have a 3 night a week raid schedule... My guy's gear isn't all 245 and above, or even 232 and above however. There's still a lil 219 and 226 left, and the trinkets I think are still item level 200...

All in all, things have become a fair bit too easy. My main's a Nelf, an alt on another realm is an orc, and in about 1 months time without playing that much or often he was geared almost equal stat wise to my main. Course with TotC and the like, I already had gone through the content before; but on the other hand, I knew exactly what to run to gear an alt up in little time. It just took some Totc5 norm farm, some heroics, repping, a nax10 run; then my alt peeps were like "sure bring him into TotC10 and 25; hmm you did the bosses before? OK it's not that hard, you can finish gearing here, you're mostly epiced and had done it all before".

I remember when things were more of a challenge, and tbh some of those earlier days with some friends I had known were a lot more fun then sitting around and doing the same daily, every single day, to farm gold. And yes the person was right on "hard to find a good group". PuGing ony can be painful these days, Koralan has many a fire bather, and when I mention the following, nuf said.

Just try to farm AQ40 to get the achievment sometime, and watch a group of 80s wipe on Twin Emporers, or even the first boss. In some cases, it's some DK who thinks they can take everything, and insists on multi-tanking the emporers :eek: I've also seen wipes in ZG on the cat boss (for mount farming), as some keep trying to single target DPS each of the priests down individually, and complain when they res. I and others have told them the need to kill them together until we're blue in the face, and I've many times given up with a "here we go, a wipe will come", sometimes 15 mins in the making as some don't seem to figure it out.

Oh, and on AQ40, finally, finally find a group that can down the twin emporers, after enough runs to get hostile rep with Nozdarmu, pretty much all on failed PuGs; and like half of them rush the eye of C'thun and get eye beamed :rofl

Where is all the cata talks?

kinda outdated... but wanna comment on Remar's post.

Yes.... they made it a bit easier to do stuff.... like how they lowered the experience needed to get to a certain point and such. But think of it this way. pretty much EVERYTHING that you EVER see in a patch or new expansion..... is EndGame content. I'm actually glad Cataclysm is completely terrorizing the starting area... because it means it also might change up the starter instances, and more than likely include a couple new ones. But from WoW's release, up til now, i don't recall a single new tidbit that was added for the lower leveled people. They always add new instances, with new loot, for max-leveled people. If you start completely ignoring the new fanbase.... make absolutely zero changes for them and don't provide any sort of incentive to stick around and play.... you won't keep a fanbase. It'd make Blizzard look like they only care about those who've been around for years, and couldn't care less about those who are just picking up the game.

.... Neither scenario will probably work for me though. Cataclysm will probably go over the same as WotLK and BC did..... i'll buy the expansion... play for a week or two, then not touch it for months.

Well these days 4.5k dps is kinda meh (for 25 mans for sure), but then the post was rather dated. I've seen mages pull up around 10k dps, though on anub'arak (still working on him in TotGC 25) my current guild, we were clocking in at a combined 225,000 dps. I'm still working on my hunter though (well was before I got stuck on dialup due to financial reasons), but he was only doing about 6.7 or 6.8k dps on Koralan for instance. We pretty much have a 3 night a week raid schedule... My guy's gear isn't all 245 and above, or even 232 and above however. There's still a lil 219 and 226 left, and the trinkets I think are still item level 200...

All in all, things have become a fair bit too easy. My main's a Nelf, an alt on another realm is an orc, and in about 1 months time without playing that much or often he was geared almost equal stat wise to my main. Course with TotC and the like, I already had gone through the content before; but on the other hand, I knew exactly what to run to gear an alt up in little time. It just took some Totc5 norm farm, some heroics, repping, a nax10 run; then my alt peeps were like "sure bring him into TotC10 and 25; hmm you did the bosses before? OK it's not that hard, you can finish gearing here, you're mostly epiced and had done it all before".

I remember when things were more of a challenge, and tbh some of those earlier days with some friends I had known were a lot more fun then sitting around and doing the same daily, every single day, to farm gold. And yes the person was right on "hard to find a good group". PuGing ony can be painful these days, Koralan has many a fire bather, and when I mention the following, nuf said.

Just try to farm AQ40 to get the achievment sometime, and watch a group of 80s wipe on Twin Emporers, or even the first boss. In some cases, it's some DK who thinks they can take everything, and insists on multi-tanking the emporers :eek: I've also seen wipes in ZG on the cat boss (for mount farming), as some keep trying to single target DPS each of the priests down individually, and complain when they res. I and others have told them the need to kill them together until we're blue in the face, and I've many times given up with a "here we go, a wipe will come", sometimes 15 mins in the making as some don't seem to figure it out.

Oh, and on AQ40, finally, finally find a group that can down the twin emporers, after enough runs to get hostile rep with Nozdarmu, pretty much all on failed PuGs; and like half of them rush the eye of C'thun and get eye beamed :rofl

Yeah, I sucked at hunter.
You'll be happy to know I stopped playing him and respecced me (then Resto Druid) to Balance and now am steadily progressing in the WoL meters (haven't checked any other websites) as one of the top 25 in World (of those who uploaded logs of course)

Needless to say, since I posted that (back in 2009?, does time fly), I did get through ICC and ruby sanctum on the hunter there. Naturally things went up, especially after the 4.0.1 patch came out, with it's modifications, and it seemed the intro of mastery (just reforging 1 piece of gear), along with the guy's then 64%+ crit chance lobbed a 3k dps improvement off the bat. Only downside was he was an agro whore.

Wondering how dispensing with mana, least in a surv build then, was quickly replaced with a "oh cool" as he went up on the meters a lot. 4.0.6 did nerf some of that, and 4.3 put some of it back....

It's funny though, forget cata talk now; now it's onto another expansion, for which I do have the beta (got the invite from the annual pass, in the 250k invites that went out today). Though I'm in the same boat as many others who found problems getting the launcher to launch for the MoP beta, in Windows 7. The agent just comes up, and it exits out. Nothing to do but bug report it, and unless someone else comes up with a work around, wait for the next build, to see if the devs have addressed it. A LOT of peeps have run into this, so it probably will take some priority for bug fixing, given it's keeping a given % of the new wave of testers, out of running the beta until it can be installed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back