Official Windows Vista and Office 2007 packaging

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
bobsalot --

If you're in the market for a new computer this holiday season, be sure to ask your retailer about the Express Upgrade to Windows Vista, being offered by participating PC manufacturers. When you buy a qualifying Windows Vista Capable PC between October 26, 2006 and March 15, 2007, you may be eligible for an Express Upgrade to Windows Vista.

Don't wait to enjoy the benefits of owning a new PC. Buying a Premium Ready Windows Vista Capable PC means you can buy a great Windows XP computer today, with the confidence that it will easily upgrade to the Windows Vista edition of your choice. Express Upgrade to Windows Vista offers from participating PC manufacturers will ensure you can easily enjoy Windows XP today and Windows Vista when it's available.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/expressupgrade.mspx

kop48

OSNN Addict
Doesn't premium ready also require them to have a hybrid hard drive? Are they even available?

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Doesn't premium ready also require them to have a hybrid hard drive? Are they even available?
Hybrid hard drives are not a requirement for "Premium Ready" certification.

A Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least:
  • A modern processor (at least 800MHz1).
  • 512 MB of system memory.
  • A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.
A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least:
  • 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1.
  • 1 GB of system memory.
  • Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)2, Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel.
  • 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
  • DVD-ROM Drive3.
  • Audio output capability.
  • Internet access capability.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/capable.mspx

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
After you do too many hardware upgrades and can not activate Vista you will at least still have a pretty box to look at. :eek:

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I thought I saw somewhere that you will get 10 activations with Vista, and if you do a format/re-install that doesn't count towards it. I think the Hard Drive has to be replaced or some other serious upgrade for it to count, something like that.

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Format / re-install not count?

If format and re-install does not count then it seems you could setup multiple PC's with the same hardware and use one copy of Vista for them all.

kop48

OSNN Addict
I read that (and I can't remember the link), you can pretty much change everything but the HDD and the motherboard before it requires you to reactivate - no wonder I had to activate XP so much (I'm very good at breaking HDDs). :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetHip