Official Windows Vista and Office 2007 packaging

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Official box shots:
http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/w...for-windows-vista-and-2007-office-system.aspx

Looking sweet! :)

vhbasicen3dsgn0.jpg
officenu3.jpg

I'll have to buy a copy just for the packaging.

Paul's also got a preview of some of the new icons from the RTM build. :)
http://www.winsupersite.com/

winvista_review_promo_810_nov06.jpg

From left to right: Calendar, Meeting Space, DVD Maker, Mail, WMP11, Movie Maker, Photo Gallery.

Last edited:
These guys with their insider information...

Official should have flashing lights on tbh, and a free pen or something ;p

bobsalot --

If you're in the market for a new computer this holiday season, be sure to ask your retailer about the Express Upgrade to Windows Vista, being offered by participating PC manufacturers. When you buy a qualifying Windows Vista Capable PC between October 26, 2006 and March 15, 2007, you may be eligible for an Express Upgrade to Windows Vista.

Don't wait to enjoy the benefits of owning a new PC. Buying a Premium Ready Windows Vista Capable PC means you can buy a great Windows XP computer today, with the confidence that it will easily upgrade to the Windows Vista edition of your choice. Express Upgrade to Windows Vista offers from participating PC manufacturers will ensure you can easily enjoy Windows XP today and Windows Vista when it's available.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/expressupgrade.mspx

Doesn't premium ready also require them to have a hybrid hard drive? Are they even available?

I really like those .. they look sweet ..

Doesn't premium ready also require them to have a hybrid hard drive? Are they even available?
Hybrid hard drives are not a requirement for "Premium Ready" certification.

A Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least:
  • A modern processor (at least 800MHz1).
  • 512 MB of system memory.
  • A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.
A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least:
  • 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1.
  • 1 GB of system memory.
  • Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)2, Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel.
  • 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
  • DVD-ROM Drive3.
  • Audio output capability.
  • Internet access capability.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/capable.mspx

After you do too many hardware upgrades and can not activate Vista you will at least still have a pretty box to look at. :eek:

I thought I saw somewhere that you will get 10 activations with Vista, and if you do a format/re-install that doesn't count towards it. I think the Hard Drive has to be replaced or some other serious upgrade for it to count, something like that.

Format / re-install not count?

If format and re-install does not count then it seems you could setup multiple PC's with the same hardware and use one copy of Vista for them all.

I read that (and I can't remember the link), you can pretty much change everything but the HDD and the motherboard before it requires you to reactivate - no wonder I had to activate XP so much (I'm very good at breaking HDDs). :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back