News Official Windows 7 testers to get a free copy of Windows 7 Ultimate

Last week it was announced that the beta testers taking part in the invite-only Windows Technical Beta Program on Connect would not be recieving a complimentary copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, as was the case with the Windows Vista beta program, however today Brandon has announced that Microsoft have changed their minds:

Last week, I blogged that members of the Windows Technical Beta Program would not be receiving a complimentary copy of Windows 7. Normally I hate to be wrong but in this case, I’m stoked that I am.

To show our appreciation, members of the invitation-only Windows 7 Technical Beta Program will be eligible for a free, final copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. For more information on how to take advantage of this, refer to Paul’s post in the .Beta_Program newsgroup for details.

Tell Paul that Brandon sent you - and be sure to thank him!

Certainly good news for the testers and honestly not something I was expecting given that the majority of testers only saw a single beta and a single release candidate - constantly running behind on inferior builds to what the Chinese and Russian pirates were racing to leak first!

You have to wonder if they will be cancelling any of their super-cheap Windows 7 pre-orders? Although to be honest the initial pre-order price was a steal as those prices have now already gone up several times already.

:source: News Source: Windows Team Blog via Neowin

well as long as no-one in the uk has actually been charged for their pre-orders the orders can be cancelled. If you have been charged for the pre-order and live in the UK they must ship or face fines for breach of contract.

I remember when Vista came out Microsoft did a "Power of Together" contest where they gave away free copies of Vista Business Edition and Office 2007 Professional. All I had to do was watch 3 webcasts. To be honest I didn't actually watch them, I just opened each webcast and exited the window. :D

I hope they do the same this time around.

Was it free to become a Windows 7 tester or did you need to pay? :)

Nopes buddy.. All Technet and Msdn account holders can get their Windows 7 copy for free on Aug 6th.Public Beta testers are excluded.

As Johnny said Woot! Even i am one of them :)

My sister got a Sony Vaio notebook yesterday and we're getting a free Windows 7 Premium update once it comes out! :)

Does anyone know if the Windows 7 Premium code can be used on more than one computer? :D

My sister got a Sony Vaio notebook yesterday and we're getting a free Windows 7 Premium update once it comes out! :)

Does anyone know if the Windows 7 Premium code can be used on more than one computer? :D

Ahhh, no ! lol ...

P
hmmm... i am curious but since how much is the win7 ultimate compared to just getting a copy of technet and getting the win7 from there. with discounts technet is about $261.00

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back