[Official] Warhammer Online

N

Not Bman

Thought I'd get the official thread started. I got my beta up and running today (7th, first day) and am really enjoying it. I was excepting a slight updated version of WOW but that is not even close. There are many new things, public quests, graphics are great, types of chars, UI system, and so forth.

One thing I was hoping for was the fast leveling system, though they have changed that and it's quite normal now. I spent 1hour, 30 minutes questing only and I made level 5, so it's not slow but not fast either.

You guys picking it up? Playing already? What are your thoughts?

I have a few friends that are playing in the beta currently, they all love it. I'm thinking about picking it up after it comes out, but I'm unsure at the moment.

Well what are your choice MMO's right now? What are you playing, I will tell you if you will like it.

I am a LOTRO & AoC guy, and yes all are good, all have there own things that make them what they are. But for playing with friends, and doing PVP type stuff this game rocks at it. All for a BETA, this game plays amazingly well, there are lags at times but compared to AoC right now, and how many are at the beginning its great.

just waiting on EA to send me my beta code :)

I'll have a spare early access code later in the month if anyone is interested (EU only)

Spore early access code later in the month? It gets released on the 18th lol

Well what are your choice MMO's right now? What are you playing, I will tell you if you will like it.

I am a LOTRO & AoC guy, and yes all are good, all have there own things that make them what they are. But for playing with friends, and doing PVP type stuff this game rocks at it. All for a BETA, this game plays amazingly well, there are lags at times but compared to AoC right now, and how many are at the beginning its great.

Well, at the moment I'm not playing any MMO's. However, I usually look for solid gameplay and fun creative quests. I'm not in a rush to get to level cap, I like to take my time and have fun along the way. While leveling up I like to do some PVP, but I usually wait until I do hit level cap before really start investing a lot of time and energy into it.

Spare early access code later in the month? It gets released on the 18th lol

Yeas and we're currently on the 8th. THat means that for people in europe I will have a code that lets them play from the 15th. Problem?

Yeas and we're currently on the 8th. THat means that for people in europe I will have a code that lets them play from the 15th. Problem?

Ahh thought it was same as a beta key, which 3 days or so ain't worth much with those keys. Restarting characters on release and all that.

I have an openbeta key, 50% on the download (my ISP hates torrents).. but of course, new account creation is still hoofed, so - GG Goa :p

I don't know about today yet but yesturday was hilarious.

Try to log on to any server, your waiting in line, 72 of 72 or something like that lol

72 of 72? Count yourself lucky, I had days of "Position 1837 in queue" on the TBC beta

Yea those numbers are crazy, though I know some people who had much larger numbers as well.

Finally able to login last night and played till 3am :D

I quite like it Forget which server I'm on though at the moment :D

I just need to remember to loose some dark magic sometime. The number of times my sorceress has fired off a dark fireball and commited suicide while killing the target is getting near to a sily title unlock I imagine :D

Yea I am trying to find a local store that I can still get either a pre-order or order of Warhammer Online Collectors Edition, so I can get a head start on the 14th. Can't wait.

Currently on World's End, or something.. level 2 elf, and blegh. I dunno, it's nothing special :( /prepares to be killed

You haven't done much at level 2, keep playing, more to see and do.

My dark elf is level 7 so far :) Much more engaging that WoW imo. Had a blast with the public quests last night once I figured out what was going on with them.

Shall have to play through the chapter one stuff soon though. I missed a whole bunch of stuff while n00bing around :D

For those getting the game on release date or earlier.

I will be playing on the Helbrass server. Come and join me on release day!

Most of my guild from WoW is coming to Warhammer. Before we broke up, we were the number 1 guild on Magtheridon in terms of PVE progression. We broke up during the holidays before Burning Crusade came out. It should be fun. If you are looking for a relatively hardcore but closeknit PVE guild, you should check us out.

Dunno if i should even go into this much detail due to the apparent NDA-esque warning that has to be agree'd to every time one starts the beta.... but to those who are playing it.... don't you think it seems a little... linear? I mean.... my highest level character is level 8... so i dunno about the entire thing... but playing through the beginning stuff, it's like "go to this town and talk to this person".... then you go there, talk to that person, do a few quests in that zone, and move on to the next. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of space to venture. Almost seems along the lines of Guild Wars....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back