[Official] STALKER: Clear Sky

N

Not Bman

So who here is playing this game, who got it on Steam?

I pre-ordered the game and loved the first game, have played each different ending as well. At my current system (8800GT) it does not run well in DX10 at 1680x1050 at full everything, but lower the resolution its better. Alot of people and I notice it does not run well even with the best system, something like it need a fix for.

Other then that I am loving the game once again. Lot's to do in it just like the original game. Too bad multiplayer isn't working yet, when it does we should play a game!

So who here is playing this game, who got it on Steam?

I pre-ordered the game and loved the first game, have played each different ending as well. At my current system (8800GT) it does not run well in DX10 at 1680x1050 at full everything, but lower the resolution its better. Alot of people and I notice it does not run well even with the best system, something like it need a fix for.

Other then that I am loving the game once again. Lot's to do in it just like the original game. Too bad multiplayer isn't working yet, when it does we should play a game!

STALKER - Shadows of Chernobyl is brutal on video cards. I tried playing it maxxed out with my 8800 GT SC and it nearly made me ill. The stuttering and flickering could quite possibly trigger a seizure in someone prone them. With my ATI Radeon HD 4870 it plays alright when maxxed. :) I just haven't had a chance to play much recently.

I haven't gotten around to ordering Clear Sky yet. Another thing on my todo list.

Your system must of sucked then.

I played the original on my 8800GT full AA full everything 1680x1050 and i am doing 60FPS or more, prefect.

Now this new game is a different story.

Your system must of sucked then.

I played the original on my 8800GT full AA full everything 1680x1050 and i am doing 60FPS or more, prefect.

Now this new game is a different story.

Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1
Intel C2Q 6600 @ 2.4 GHz
8 GB Corsair PC2-8500 DDR2 1066 RAM
ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

I had everything maxxed including depth of field or whatever those settings were, the shadowing for grass or whatever that setting was, and everything else at 1680x1050. My system definitely didn't suck. I just dropped it to its knees. STALKER is a known killer game due to the graphics engine. I maxxed everything under the advanced tab including bumping up the antialiasing.

I switched the NVIDIA 8800 GT SC for the ATI 4870 and things got better. It was the videocard and the game, itself.

Last edited:
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1
Intel C2Q 6600 @ 2.4 GHz
8 GB Corsair PC2-8500 DDR2 1066 RAM
ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

I had everything maxxed including depth of field or whatever those settings were, the shadowing for grass or whatever that setting was, and everything else at 1680x1050. My system definitely didn't suck. I just dropped it to its knees. STALKER is a known killer game due to the graphics engine. I maxxed everything under the advanced tab including bumping up the antialiasing.

I switched the NVIDIA 8800 GT SC for the ATI 4870 and things got better. It was the videocard and the game, itself.

I don't understand that, u played STALKER SoC with that system? My system that I played that game on is less powerful and I ran everything and I mean EVERYTHING MAX, how is that possible then? Wait, what is the 8800 GT SC? I don't have the SC..

yeah, shadow of chernobyl should've ran great on that machine

clear sky is another story.. have u guys seen the tech demo video? amazing :O
tho everything runs like crap on dx10.. can u max it on 9?

I can max it except AA and that other A one on DX9, DX10 I can do almost the same setting as DX9 but a much lower resolution, which sucks.

yeah, same thing happens to me with crysis... i rather play on dx9 (tweaked to very high)

Played the original with an Opteron setup and had no issues, and that was @ 1680x1050. Now I play it @ 1920x1200 with all the bennys, with my current setup below, still no issues! I am looking forward to Clear Sky, just haven't gotten around to it yet, playing to many different games.

Yea I have too many games to play as well, but I am still getting around 2 this one :)

I am currently happy playing Witcher. Going to grab this one after the first patch comes out. I waited for the SoC patches to come and the game played much better as a result.

I am currently happy playing Witcher. Going to grab this one after the first patch comes out. I waited for the SoC patches to come and the game played much better as a result.

I just started playing The Witcher Enhanced version (yes i had the original) And it kicks butt, but also playing this game. There are 2 many lol

I don't understand that, u played STALKER SoC with that system? My system that I played that game on is less powerful and I ran everything and I mean EVERYTHING MAX, how is that possible then? Wait, what is the 8800 GT SC? I don't have the SC..

It was an EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT SC 512 MB card. The SC means SuperClocked. It's a bit overclocked by default. The card itself wasn't a dud. For other reasons during the system build I had a few kinks that required some extensive detective work and among other things I seriously tested that card and my memory to rule them out as a possible source of a problem.

yeah, shadow of chernobyl should've ran great on that machine

The X-Ray game engine was known to be hard on video cards and I suppose it also may have been a combined issue with the NVIDIA drivers I had at the time. I really don't know. I'm not going to reinstall the card just to test again. Too much extra work. :p

I can max it except AA and that other A one on DX9, DX10 I can do almost the same setting as DX9 but a much lower resolution, which sucks.

Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic filtering. Yes, I had them both maxxed. It made it unplayable but it looked breathtaking. As I said, everything is maxxed now with the 4870 and plays flawlessly.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky and I also can't wait for F.E.A.R. 2 - Project Origin. Alpha Protocol looks like it will be quite interesting, as well, although I'm not expecting anything amazing from the graphics.

Last edited:
I just started playing The Witcher Enhanced version (yes i had the original) And it kicks butt, but also playing this game. There are 2 many lol

So is the Enhanced version the uncensored version or is it the US censored version?

I didn't see a clear response.

Hopefully it is the full euro version.

The Enhanced verison is like an update, many fixes to the original game, and the graphics has been updated, more textures and things like that. Plus there are some extras, like soundtrack, making of videos and such. And yes I believe it's uncensored.

I've only played like 5 minutes so far :)

I like it, even though the camera angles will take a little getting used to. I can adjust a lot of things which is what I like :D

Rawr, time for more Witcher action tonight. I'll probably get onto STALKER CS when they get a random guy in a run-down building shouting "Get out of here STALKER" over and over :)

I like it, even though the camera angles will take a little getting used to. I can adjust a lot of things which is what I like :D

Rawr, time for more Witcher action tonight. I'll probably get onto STALKER CS when they get a random guy in a run-down building shouting "Get out of here STALKER" over and over :)

Oh how I loved that part of the first STALKER. "I AM GETTTING OUT OF HERE F*CK!! lol"

How far are you into The Witcher? I don't know what 2 do, finish Clearsky first, or Crysis Series first, or the witcher. Along with Warhammer being picked up tomorrow, Oh man what 2 do!! lol

Didn't realize they released Crysis. I'll play that later anyways. I am going to play through Stalker again before going into Clear Sky coz I really want them to patch it up. Took them forever to fix it the first time around :(

Yea that is what I did the day before Clearsky was released, I played through the first Stalker (which was my first time, played it a million times just never 100% completed it). I also looked up all the videos on the other endings and read up on the history of the real place, and the creation of the game. Got me ready to play Clearsky.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back