Office XP officially goes sp3

Got it today. Stupid though, it says you can download the full file so that you can install it without the cd. So I downloaded that since I didn't have access to the cd, and when I tried installing it.... it kept asking for the damn cd. STUPID!!!!!

Dunno didn't say nowt to me about without CD. I have CD's licenced ones of course.

This set of Office applications will be the last I buy, maybe except frontpage.
I like frontpage.
Seems they release a service pack each year for the XP/2002 series. I think this will be the second last, I think it will hit SP4!

Anyone have any problems with SP3? The "Windows in taskbar" option is Excel doesn't work properly anymore--there's an icon for each open spreadsheet in my taskbar, but only a single Excel window, which contains all the spreadsheets as if the "Windows in taskbar" option is disabled, is displayed.

Also, Outlook now asks if I want to allow access to my address book whenever I compose an email--is there a way to permanently suppress this prompt (rather than having to do it every new Outlook session)?

Thanks for any tips you might provide...

I always do a detect and repair thingy bob.

To be quite honest I never use excell so can't help you!

The only XP I have for office is 2002/XP which is from works suite, the excell, outlook and powerpoint is 2000.

I wasn't talking about unlicenced copies. The MS site says the full file allows admins to install the service pack if/when they dont have the cds to hand.
I had left my CD in my room and couldn't be bothered to run around the house just to use it for a few secs then put it back again. :p

ming said:
I wasn't talking about unlicenced copies. The MS site says the full file allows admins to install the service pack if/when they dont have the cds to hand.
I had left my CD in my room and couldn't be bothered to run around the house just to use it for a few secs then put it back again. :p

Ddin't say you didn't have unlicenced copies.

Just I remember reading their statement, which said they now go checking for dodgy copies.

Wasn't accusing nowt. If it seems like I was, I apologise, all i said/mean is as I said I didn't see anything about not needing a cd's. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back