office opens slow

kev59

OSNN Senior Addict
if i open any office application it takes ages to open up. i am running xp and avg

unistall avg and see what it does.

Nothing if i open exel it opens straight away but no text for about 45 seconds

And then...

Look at how much other junk is loaded. If a lot then 2-3 GB RAM is recommended for XP.

Defrag your hard disk.

Make sure the file you are loading is local not on a server. Also, how big is the file. I've seen huge excel sheets that take a while to load, though 45 seconds is really bad.

Is the file on a second hard disk that is allowed to go into power down mode?

Installing update now. has 2gb ram files big and small take that long and its on d partition of the the main drive

You have to be running something in your background that is killing the processes ..

when i run it and excel it showed 2% cpu usage it went to 30% when the data finally came up

I trust we're talking Office 2007? What version, and does this go for all the apps?

Also, what are your PC specs?

Ok sorry office 2007 version professional yes it goes for all the apps with data, if you open a blank its instant. Running xp home on a dual core hp laptop with 2 gb ram and 120gb hard drive

DO you have the files on a external drive or network directory ?

no it is on d drive of my laptop. It is as if it is doing a virus scan first but i have tried disabling avg and it made no difference

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back