[Office 2007] Tips and Tricks

Does anyone know of a method in outlook to merge mail together. Example i get a message about Finances then i get an update tomorrow can i merge them together into one email?

Does anyone know a way in Word 2007 that I can hyperlink a section of that document so that endnotes ar updated according to the endnote #?

Is there a way to colour coordinate the calendars of that you view as shared with a name.... so BOB will always be Blue....the shared calendar of Amy will be Green? This is of course in Outlook 2007.

Does anyone know of a method in outlook to merge mail together. Example i get a message about Finances then i get an update tomorrow can i merge them together into one email?

Short of selecting "Edit message" and copy and pasting the new email into the old, or vice-versa, and saving, i do not believe there is a way.

Does anyone know a way in Word 2007 that I can hyperlink a section of that document so that endnotes ar updated according to the endnote #?

Not sure what specifically you are looking to do but you can typically select sections and have them hyperlinked and jump to that section upon clicking on the link.

Is there a way to colour coordinate the calendars of that you view as shared with a name.... so BOB will always be Blue....the shared calendar of Amy will be Green? This is of course in Outlook 2007.

I have not personally done this yet but you do have the option in Tools > Options under the calendar bit to change Calendar Options and select colors.

Unfortunately, I don't believe you can assign a specific color to other people's calendars besides your own. You can change Font, fields and what not but I don't know if background color for other's calendar's can be adjusted.

Your calendar background CAN be changed though.

The ribbons are far more effective for productivity once you get over the learning curve though Fitz

The ribbons are far more effective for productivity once you get over the learning curve though Fitz

o.. k...

First - welcome to the forum.

Second - please note the date stamps on the last posts as this thread is over a year old and we have Office 2010 that will be released in a couple months.

Third - When did I ever say I didn't like or use the ribbons? In fact, I said just the opposite as seen earlier in this thread..

Oh.. I use the ribbons and love them. I just know people that despise them :)

Fourth - did you just copy and paste someone else's comment?

The ribbons are far more effective for productivity once you get over the learning curve though Fitz :)

Fifth - Please enjoy your time at the forums :)

I protest your post, Fitz, due to the fact that your "o.. k.." was not numbered and therefore your actual #3 was cleverly hidden as #2! ;)

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Hello,I have an Oasis 50hz disc, I see my Panasonic BD60 is on the approved list. As office is not able to run on that platform..

Hello,I have an Oasis 50hz disc, I see my Panasonic BD60 is on the approved list. As office is not able to run on that platform..

ok.. what are you talking about?

Your information is just great for me .... thanks for sharing this informtion

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't appear to have any stickied threads on how-to's and tips and tricks regarding the most widely used office application out there :)

Figured this would be a good place to start. Please post some useful tips and tricks for all users. If you want to talk about a competing product, start another thread :)

My first tip is pretty simple. If you are using Office 2007 applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and others, instead of clicking on the different ribbon tabs to open them, simply move your pointer onto the ribbon that has current focus and scroll using your mouse wheel. It will automatically cycle through the ribbons and is more accurate and faster than clicking individual tabs.

Nice tips for use office 2007, thank you for share this post.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back