Office 2007 msi Install

omg its nlm

lvl 17 Hax
Office 2007 msi Install

I am going to be deploying Office 2007 and I wanted to create an msi installer so the user does not have to enter the key and exchange settings.

I was able to create a windows installer patch but thats about it. There is not to much info out there.

Previous version wanted to put an /a in the setup and that does not work. I put /admin and thats how I created the .msp (windows installer patch)

Can anyone help me out!

Thanks

According to MS it's not possible for Office 2007

MSI-only install

Description: It is impossible to install 2007 Office release without running setup.exe. More than just the .msi file is required to complete an installation. For more information, see Evaluating the new Setup architecture

Why not deploy it using Active Directory and Group Policy?

Are the remote users on Citrix?

Nope do no use that.

Looks like all I need to do is edit the config.xml file.

Configuring the installation

Regardless of the version of Office you are deploying, you likely want to install Office quietly, handle the product key and Microsoft Software License Terms (formerly the end-user license agreement or EULA) for users, distribute an Outlook profile, specify security settings, and so on. All of these familiar options exist in the 2007 release, but the tools and procedures that you use to specify them are new.

Hey folks. Just found this thread. Looking for instructions on how to deploy office 07 through active directory. Does anyone know where I can find this info? Thanks.

Copy your office 2007 cd to a folder on your computer.
Then, run the Setup with the /admin switch.
Enter your serial number and check accept license agreement under the "License and user interface" section.
Save the file as default.msp in the Updates folder in your office 2007 folder.
Burn the office 2007 folder back to CD.

And , you have a office 2007 cd with the serial number automatically entered and the license agreement already accepted automatically.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back