Office 2003

Bulkware is what I think - and annoying activation. Honestly, Office 97 sufficed the average home/office user. Freeware forever - SotOffice (Open Office)

i tried the thunderbird client, but it was buggy when i tried it. i may give it another go.

as for the others, i haven't tried them.

Very much doubt Outlook does the very useful bouncy thing which Mailwasher does.

I love it, very nice. Not long now before it comes out!! :)

Originally posted by coathanger007
Better than those in freeware Firebird or k9 or mailwasher etc?

Both Thunderbird and Outlook 2003 use the Bayesian filtering system to sort out junk mail. So in theory, both of them should be equally effective. I've tried both, and they do a great job :)

However, I prefer OpenOffice.org as my office suite and Thunderbird as my mail client...simply because they're open-source and free, and do the job equally well (and better in some areas) in most cases.

I like how Microsoft develops their Office suites. They' are good and creates very good professional files. I do have the beta 2 package installed into Windows XP Pro partition. Very good. Have not found any bugs yet to date. I am considering purchasing the upgrade version of the Office 2003 Pro as I needed Access as well.

OK, so the advantage is that it's pretty. Anyone have screenshots to show off this beauty contestant? I'm having second thoughts about downloading the massive leaked 600MB beta iso on my dialup. What's the time limit?

Nothing that great - just a new skin to add a little colour. Quite superficial. Doesn't look like much has changed at all. Doesn't convince me to switch over.

Originally posted by Enyo
There are some nice feature additions also but seeming as you have stated your intenet to download it and not buy i doubt MS will be too upset at your choice not to use there products :p

I would say however the upgrade from OXP to 2003 is not a huge leap.

I didn't quite get the meaning. Did you mean intention instead of intenet? If so, I don't intend to download or use it unless someone comes up with a really convincing argument. Big Bill may be concerned if my views are the same as the multitudes who are still satisfied with Office 97 or Opensource.

I'd be interested to know the stats. I have a hunch that many businesses may still be using Office 97 or 2000 but I'd be interested if anyone can give solid statistical evidence to back this up or prove the contrary.

Heh Heh. Sorry, I thought I might have pushed things a little too far. I'll leave you guys to your discussions then...cya

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back