• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Office 2003 Troubles!

Dr. Kramer

Who's Yo' Doctor?
For some reason, I keep getting this stupid error when trying to re-install office 2003! I've looked on M$ service website, but found nothing like what I am experiencing! The same error that I am getting has been shown to be involved with XP Plus! installations, but Not office 2003! As it is 2AM here...I am tired and sick of trying to figure it out. I REALLY appreciate any asssitance.

DK

Attachments

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
this is something of a hunch from a vague memory of a "trick" you sometimes have to apply with Office installation - presume you are going for straight install from CD? Have heard of situation whereby if you copy CD ot your Hard Drive, then run the install from there it can complete. Something to do with needing update access to a file. Cannot say for sure if your symptoms match with that solution, but maybe worth a go?

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
OK.. you are reinstalling.

Which version of Office did you install originally and what version are you trying to reinstall with?

Even if you installed a MS Select corporate version of Office 2003 std and try to reinstall with a retail Office 2003 version, the installation will look for the original Select source MSI file.

If you have that many problems, why not do a full uninstall and reinstall of Office...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix