Office 2002/2003 - Not enough memory to open Excel w/ compatibility pack

illmaticone

OSNN Junior Addict
This has happened on some of my machines and i cant dig up a solution..

This effects Office 2002 and 2003 with 2007 Compatibility Pack non-sp1 and sp1.

Opening native files i have no issues, but when trying to open an .xlsx file i always get " Not enough memory to run Microsoft Office Excel. Please Close other applications and try again." followed by "file conversion failed"

machines are XP SP3 and have PLENTY of ram.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Are you running an antivirus program? If so, try and disable it. Then try to run it. I've read things before about it having issues with antivirus programs, especially AVG and Norton.

Disabled anti virus, reinstalled computability pack, did detect and repair for office 2003.

Same thing! every single time every single PC.

we are using symantec endpoint, if that means anything

what are you trying to open xlsx ? why not just save the file as standard xls so to allow all office versions to open it, or get a student/home version of office install that and convert the files if they are 2007 version.

Home/student gives you 3 licenses for about $90 i think it is might be less you get word excel and notes for that

we have a mixed environment of 2003/2007 i have the office 2007 compatibility pack being pushed out via GPO. everything was working fine until recently.

i even have a script to run on a user account basis to default change the save as settings to default to 97-2003. but my users still manage to save to xlsx or docx

i have a test machine up, just uninstalled the AV and same problem.

this issue is site wide.

can you not make a policy that defaults to 2003 version? and locks out the other save as functions ? are all office versions fully updated with all patches and updates? from what i have been googling there seems to be a memory heap issue when excel is trying to parse files

This has happened on some of my machines and i cant dig up a solution..

This effects Office 2002 and 2003 with 2007 Compatibility Pack non-sp1 and sp1.

Opening native files i have no issues, but when trying to open an .xlsx file i always get " Not enough memory to run Microsoft Office Excel. Please Close other applications and try again." followed by "file conversion failed"

machines are XP SP3 and have PLENTY of ram.

any input would be greatly appreciated.
nobody messed with the pagefile?

i wondering if sp1 for the compatibility pack would help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back