Office 11 Beta 1

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
i just got my copy of Office 11 Beta 1. pretty good so far. haven't really messed around yet, but it's awesome that stuff like Outlook is the Enterprise Edition. very sweet. decided to post a poll too. please answer it.

you can't download it. there used to be a link on this website to apply for the beta testing.

I got my copy of office 11 beta yesterday too.......but for me it hasnt all been the color of roses. I cant get it to install because in any of the 3 CD's is the file OFFICE1.CAB, so after awhile the install says it cant find the file and retracks, and not only that, now everytime i start IE or a popup goes on the installation for frontpage starts up and wont let me use IE unless i cancel it like 3 times........so yea im pissed, but ill live. In case anyone knows how to solve any of my problems let me know, and as for the poll.........I signed up to actually test it :)

For those of you that applied and did not hear anything, do not give up hope. I applied, but never received any e-mails, then today in the mail I received a copy! I was supprised It looks to be fun to test.

Is Dragon going to send the people that replied to his poll a copy of the BETA :) that would be great :)

thanks

hmm... u know what Jewelzz, it's kinda hard to tell if you could even CONSIDER that to be piracy, since:
a) the software isn't OFFICIALLY released to the public, and
b) it doesn't even have an OFFICIAL name yet, since it's still under the code name.

Makes ya wonder, don't it? :confused:

a) it isn't released to the public, don't you think there is a reason for that.
b) Could you mail MS and ask them for a copy of longhorn with the same reasoning... I wanna read the reply.

If MS allowed anyone to enter the beta it would be available on their site for download and it would not contain product activation. I am sure it will say somewhere within the office 11 documents (which btw, is a fantastic codename) it will say not for distribution.

Posted by ElementalDragon
hmm... u know what Jewelzz, it's kinda hard to tell if you could even CONSIDER that to be piracy, since:
a) the software isn't OFFICIALLY released to the public, and
b) it doesn't even have an OFFICIAL name yet, since it's still under the code name.

Makes ya wonder, don't it? :confused:
Not too often that a beta, publiclly released or not, isn't considered warez if freely distributed and it's not freeware. As EP said, read the documentation that came with your copy of Office11, I'm sure you'll find something in there about not distributing the beta.

I received it also but one month ago.
I found it very good, I liked some new featuresin excel and powerpoint and of course Outlook, that it is just great, i my opinion the best email program ever.
The New XML features i don't use them.

i've seen it a few times for download.....but really have no use for office

sorry but Itotally agree with forum admin's .. never had a " major pleasure " to test beta(s) so this will not enter in the list ..

Office Xp Beta 11

Message removed.
Not the place for this kind of stuff ... Please read the forum guidelines before posting. --NR

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back