OEM windows xp

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
WHen I built my recent computer I bought a copy of windows xp x64 Oem. The problem that I'm having is that I wanted to jump on Vista as soon as I could and purchased a copy of XP MCE to upgrade to Vista Home Premium for free.

My question is can I deactivate the copy of x64 that I have installed and give it to my sister or do I need to just suck it up and dual boot so I can upgrade to Vista. I feel like I've pretty much wasted a copy of xp if I can't and I really want to help my sis out right now.

Any help would be appreciated.

When did you buy the x64 edition?
Most places have the same deal for all the high priced windows.
Even the oems.

Tuffgong, you can install XP x64 on the new machine without any issues. If it gives you a problem during activation just call and tell them it isn't installed on any other computer.

Tuffgong, you can install XP x64 on the new machine without any issues. If it gives you a problem during activation just call and tell them it isn't installed on any other computer.

what he said. i have had to do the same thing. i reinstall my OS all the time and have to call them to get activated.

ok cool...thanks for the heads up.

I just want a perfectly good copy of windows to go to waste.

When did you buy the x64 edition?
Most places have the same deal for all the high priced windows.
Even the oems.

to this quote, I bought the x64 from viosoftware a few months back before these deals started showing up with an express coupon.

Thanks all for the help. I'm going to install my copy of Windows xp mce and install the x64 on my sisters computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back