OE 6.0 loads fast, sends mail VER slowly

D

dan0421

No problem with OE 6.0 loading fast, and I have Messenger disabled.

Problem: When I SEND a message, OE says "connecting" and then sits there for 20 seconds. Then it send the message just fine.

And I'm talking about small messages, even just one word. 20 seconds and then it SENDS the message just fine.

If I launch OE 6.0 it opens up and immediately checks for mail; very quickly (matter of one second). And if I hit the SEND/RECEIVE button it immediately connects and reports no messages (or immediately receives mail if there's some waiting).

But it's when I SEND a new message, or REPLY to a message and hit SEND that is reports "connecting" and just sits there for 20 seconds before the green progress bar flies across the screen.

What could be going on?

I turned-off AV scanning of outgoing mail. No diff.
I turned off the firewall. No diff.

Help!

:mad:

It sounds like the mail server you are using to me....

Use another mail server and try it , mail.yahoo.com

I think he said, that you have to create an acount on yahoo. Then activate the option that you can get the mails by using outlook.

And just add your servers
pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com in an outlouk account. (tools => account => import) and just do whatt the wizard says.

And then you'll see that it will go very fast . :)
(my yahoo goes very fast in here)

I hope that this is what he meant, otherwise i am wrong.

Greetz :p:p

Thanks for the idea. I got a Yahoo account, set up Outlook Express, and the same delay!

Then I downloaded a different mail program, BECKY, and after setting it all up it have THE SAME DELAY.

Is there a way to uninstall and reinstall Outlook Express? It doesn't show up in the Add/Remove applet in Control Panel.

Or, is there a way to get Windows XP to REPAIR the Outlook Express installation?

Thank you for you time and help!

i did not find it either. The only way is maybe by deleting folder in program files, but i think that wont do any good.

Maybe download the outlouk files separatly form
microsoft.com. And try to reinstal it.

I dunno

cant help ya

:confused:

No, you don't want to delete folders in the Programs directory.

Turns out my problem was with the ATT mail server. My OE installation is fine.

Thanks for all the information!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back