Odd..

Wrathchild

OSNN Senior Addict
My taskbar volume control used to make an innocuous little "ding" when I let go of the slider. Now it makes the system speaker beep. No wave file, just the really annoying system beep. Any ideas what "event" that is and if I can re-associate it with the original wav file?

take a look in the audio control panel

start->control panel-> sounds and audio devices

then click the sounds tab. is there any sound associated with "default beep"?

Or you could disable that annoying system beep.
Just use Tweak UI (part of "XP Powertoys" which you can download on the mainpage under "Free XP addons").

No in both cases

There is no "default beep" selection in the list of events to associate sounds with. I looked there first. I can't use the tweak UI setting because it's for the defaul error beep, not the volome control slider beep.

Weird, it works for me.
Try assigning "Windows XP Standard sound.wav" to "Standard sound".
I have a Dutch version so i'm not sure if it's the same name.

No Luck

I have neither that wav file, nor the selction for it. I guess maybe I'm outta luck. Maybe I should hop a plane to your neighborhood and relax at "Global Chillage" for a bit and think about it. Is that place still open. The Bulldog over in the red light is cool too.

:D

Don't know if Global Chillage is still open, the police is closing more and more shops each day, they just closed my favorite :(

Anyway,
If i turn off all the system sounds i allway's get a "system error beep" (from that little build in pc speaker!) using the volume slider, and after turning off the beep in Tweak UI i don't hear anything anymore using the volume slider. (nice and quiet :))

Or maybe you've got a nasty driver problem.

Good luck!

I'm pretty sure that Ding is to help you know what sound level you're going to be using. As you slide the bar up for higher volume, does the ding get louder, and vice versa? I think that's just there to give you an idea of how loud or soft your sounds gonna be.

Thanks Lawtai, didn't know that.
Maybe i'll put it back on, i thought it was just there to annoy me.

Uh Huh

Yes, that's what it's supposed to do. That's what I'd like it to do. If you read the first post up there, you'll see that that tone has been replaced by a beep from the system speaker. No increase or decrease in volume, because the system speaker doesn't have volume, just a default beep. I'm trying to figure out how to get the default wav file beep back.
:(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back