Odd sound problem(s)

Helmer

Questions R me
I tried to open a movie with WinAMP 2 and all of a sudden my sound stopped working on all applications(no the plug did not fall out :D)

I've removed winAMP, reinstalled the sound drivers and now the sound works when I run some applications and some games - if I run DXDIAG it says:

Error: Problem getting extra sound info, result code: 0x8878000a (The request failed because DirectSound resources, souch as the priority level, were already in use by another caller.)

I can't figure out what's causing this so any help would be much appreciated :)

looks like something else is using your sound card and it is not letting anything else go on it at the same time.

Brad

Check Task Manager...might give an idea what program is using it.

Well I gathered that another application was using part of the sound, when I run a game like UT2003 the sound works fine though..

I've checked taskmgr but I can't seem to see what the problem is :(

Check Device Manager in Safe-Mode for other sound devices that have not been installed correctly. You could also check for Conflicts in Sys info.

when xp boots up hit F8 it'll kick u to menu where u can select it.

try going to control panel>sounds and audio devices> and look around there to solve your problem maybe.
also in winamp go to preference>output> click configure button for already highlighet plug in(if u click on another one it'll change yout out put way) and try changing default card to use when playing. try that i hope this helps. maybe try to reinstall direct x.??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back