Odd sound problem(s)

Helmer

Questions R me
I tried to open a movie with WinAMP 2 and all of a sudden my sound stopped working on all applications(no the plug did not fall out :D)

I've removed winAMP, reinstalled the sound drivers and now the sound works when I run some applications and some games - if I run DXDIAG it says:

Error: Problem getting extra sound info, result code: 0x8878000a (The request failed because DirectSound resources, souch as the priority level, were already in use by another caller.)

I can't figure out what's causing this so any help would be much appreciated :)

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
looks like something else is using your sound card and it is not letting anything else go on it at the same time.

Brad

Helmer

Questions R me
Well I gathered that another application was using part of the sound, when I run a game like UT2003 the sound works fine though..

I've checked taskmgr but I can't seem to see what the problem is :(

G

Goldy

Check Device Manager in Safe-Mode for other sound devices that have not been installed correctly. You could also check for Conflicts in Sys info.

M

mafiafromrussia

when xp boots up hit F8 it'll kick u to menu where u can select it.

try going to control panel>sounds and audio devices> and look around there to solve your problem maybe.
also in winamp go to preference>output> click configure button for already highlighet plug in(if u click on another one it'll change yout out put way) and try changing default card to use when playing. try that i hope this helps. maybe try to reinstall direct x.??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel