Odd Office Problem

Admiral Michael

OSNN Veteran Addict
Well I thought I fixed it but it has come back.

When I'm typing in Word 2003, it will lag for a sec, my typing will fall behind and my hard drive light will go on (usual disk activity). I looked buthave found nothing. I disabled auto save, but even so the interval for that is like 5min and this happens every minute. The computer I'm using it on is:

Compaq Presario 2100
AMD Athlon-M 2400+
512MB DDR RAM
60GB HDD

I have no idea why this would happen. I even rmeoved and reinstalled Office to no avail. I had proviuos thought the Office Service Pack caused this but it went away after I reinstalled and has now just come back and is annoying. It doesn't happen anywhere else, as far as I know.

Please Help!
Mike

UPDATE: forgot to mention that the cursor changes to the hourglass, well it also does this when I not typing at all. I checked and autosave is disabled. I disabled NAV 2003 to no avail. I have no idea whats wrong.

GEEZ, another update.

I believe I have fixed it, I remember readingsomehting bout a network printer causing problems. (network as in to a print server not to a comp). So I removed my laser and tested it, didnt seem to mess up. Im reinstallin it to see if its fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back