Odd movie complaints...

Son Goku

No lover of dogma
OK, this isn't really a review for the lattest Harry Potter movie; hence no movie review tags and what not. If someone wants a review, I guess a thread can be started for that :D

However, while I was eating a late lunch/dinner (meant to be lunch, but went outside to a flat tire today, so had to take my car in, etc, etc) I was there eating; and at a nearby table people were mentioning the movie. Their big complaint was

I was looking for a comedy. The lattest Harry Potter didn't make me laugh. It was so terrible, I felt afraid at times...

Umm, Harry Potter, comedy, didn't make me laugh? :confused:

It's not meant to be a comedy. And though the first movie (or 2 actually, Potter blowing up his abnoxious aunt was more then funny, but well deserved :D ), the whole story isn't of the same genere. Also, as I understand it, the movies (based on the books) were meant to get progressively darker, as time went by...

I wonder if some have complained about the Lord of the Rings, because Gandalf wasn't enough of a comedian and Frodo seemed too serious and bummed them out all the time :rofl Hmm, let me see, he was just carrying Sauron's ring and had the whole fate of the world resting on his shoulders ;) :D

Ah well, but I wonder, if the person wanted a comedy, I wonder why they didn't rent one of Eddie Murphey's movies or something...

You make a very good point. I looks like they forgot to do a little research before they picked the movie to go see.

Your post reminds me of a conversation I overheard in the store one day. Bear in mind that I live in Georgia and I was at Wal-Mart: Two women were talking about the upcoming release of the Dukes of Hazzard movie. One of them said, with a very shocked tone in her voice, "Can you believe they're making it into a comedy?" :twisted:

joyojoy said:
Your post reminds me of a conversation I overheard in the store one day. Bear in mind that I live in Georgia and I was at Wal-Mart: Two women were talking about the upcoming release of the Dukes of Hazzard movie. One of them said, with a very shocked tone in her voice, "Can you believe they're making it into a comedy?" :twisted:

Upcoming release?

How is it upcoming?

Its been out for a wee bit on video/dvd

Tittles said:
Upcoming release?

How is it upcoming?

Its been out for a wee bit on video/dvd

It was last year, before the movie came out in theaters... Perhaps I should have clarified that.:rolleyes:

joyojoy said:
It was last year, before the movie came out in theaters... Perhaps I should have clarified that.:rolleyes:

:laugh:

Yeah

Its all good though

The movie sure was sexy though. My favorite car and favorite babe all in one :lick:

Tittles said:
:laugh:

The movie sure was sexy though. My favorite car and favorite babe all in one :lick:

Yeah, cool car... and for guys, I can see the attraction to Daisy Dukes... But I have a personal problem with encouraging rednecks... Living in Georgia (only 60 miles from the home of the Hazzards, I might add), I don't need to go to a theater to see them. And sharing the road with them is no picnic (just don't drive within spittin' distance)...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back