Odd Issue

I did it works now. I'm at a loss as to why.

I brought the desktop into the basement to use it to play multiplayer Halo and it worked flawlessly.

Sounds to me like there might be something wrong with either the settings in the router, or the router itself ...

I figured it out!

So it happened again, but after I started using standby to conserve power.

So I was looking for an answer in the ASUS forums (which are crap to search in) and found a similar solution but it was when the computer would resume from standby.

The solution was to unplug the power cord, wait a min and plug it back in. I tried it and VIOLA! That would explain why it worked when I brought the computer in my room!

So it looks like it is a computer issue. Now I thought, BIOS issue? So I checked and there is an updated BIOS available and:

Crosshair BIOS release version 1103.
1. Fix System fails to detect Optional fan 4# and 5#.
2. Fix system might not get booted with AMD Semprom 2800+ CPU.
3. Hidden virtualization Technilogy option when installed CPU does not support this feature.
4. Fix it might fail to run certain AMD utilities under Microsoft Windows Vista OS with AMD AM2+ CPU installed.
5. Fix system might fail to overclock when using AMD AM2+ CPU.
6. Enhance compatibility with certain add-on RAID card.
7. Fix LAN might fail to work after system resumes from S3 mode.
8. Fix system might fail to resume from S3 mode when using AMD triple-core CPU.

I still don't know what caused the issue in the first place as the computer has been running with the same config for about 6 months and I've never used standby before a few days ago.

I MAY have been possible that I updated the BIOS recently, I can't remember, the version I was running was dated March 17th 2008 but the computer was running without issue since then, the new BIOS is dated March 19th 2008 :eek:

Aw well hopefully this will stick.

turn off s3 mode if you don't really care about power savings too, saves the unplugging ;)

Nice work though!

Yeah, like KC said; Just turn off S3 mode ...

Well I need S3 mode for standby. I'm trying to cut power costs, last bill was way too high. This BIOS update should fix it.

Well I need S3 mode for standby. I'm trying to cut power costs, last bill was way too high. This BIOS update should fix it.

In that case why not kill it at the Power supply? alos works with all those little things that need charging, kill it at the power supply, only turn it on when you need it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back