Ocing CPu

B

Brando457

for some reasno i cant oc my cpu i set it to 10 x 200 which i ve done before i dont rem if i had to up voltage, but if i do 10 x 200 it wont boot i reset my cpu n can get bck on sometimes

XP 2800+ 2 x 512 pc 2700 asus a7n8x deluxe rev 2

i have teh slk 800 w/. a ys-tech fan and my temps are atm 37C after playing CS for 2 hrs so my temps are fine just awnna increase cpu power :/

If that's a tbred core your pretty much max'd out. See my rant in another post.

If it's a Barton you have a little room to go up but not much.

You may have to up the voltage a little (5%), but it sounds like you're pretty much max'd out on that CPU. If you do up the voltage watch the temperature closely until your sure it stablizes.

I have an palomino 1700 that runs perfect at 1900 with no voltage adjust but it won't budge a bit over that no matter how much extra cooling or voltage I give it. The chip internal timing is hitting its limit.

Originally posted by Brando457
for some reasno i cant oc my cpu i set it to 10 x 200 which i ve done before i dont rem if i had to up voltage, but if i do 10 x 200 it wont boot i reset my cpu n can get bck on sometimes

XP 2800+ 2 x 512 pc 2700 asus a7n8x deluxe rev 2
wait, the 2500+ can do 11x200 with no extra voltage, no problem. your 2800+ should be able to hit 12x200 at least.

it's that pc2700 that worries me. you changed the fsb:memory divider to 6:5 when changing your fsb, right? otherwise you're trying to push your memory to 400mhz along with your fsb and that's just too much for the 333mhz memory to take.

Originally posted by Brando457
I didnt touch any memroy settings
well, there you go. once you increase your fsb to 400, you need to change your fsb/memory divider to make sure your memory stays running at 333mhz and not 400.

Hey, I have a Gigabyte 7VRX mobo and running a 2100+ cpu.
I would like to ask how could I OC it through hardware?
I think the voltage settings cannot be altered because in the bios, I cannot highlight it at all. Anyway to get around this, or am I just talking rubbish?

I haven't got a clue about overclocking to be honest, but with a bit of guidance, I should be able to follow it easily.

Oh, one last thing. Does anyone know what the CPU limit is for my mobo?

Originally posted by ming
Oh, one last thing. Does anyone know what the CPU limit is for my mobo?
athlon xp 2600+ (266fsb) is the fastest cpu your board supports.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back