OC P4 System Tempature

J

jlin615

What's up guys!

I Overclocked my P4 2.26 533FSB CPU to 17 X 142/35 (2413). Using Thermaltake's Dragon 478 with Artic Silver 3 compound. Fan at 5037 RPM.

My average tempatures is 33.5C to 35.5C

I have ran Sandra's Burn-In Wizard (full-load test, only on CPU) for 30 Min. The temperature is about 43C or 44C.

It's my first overclocking experience. Am I on the safe side??

Thanks!

that is kinda hot, but anywhere around there is OK, just make sure you do not go above 45C. restart every once and a while too,

For your P4 these are normal temperaturs , trust me ;)

Completely normal temperature.

My P4 1,6 @ 2138 is still running stable, crunching 100% cpu usage (seti) 24/24h, for two months now. Max temp 46 C, min temp 38 C. Depending on room temps of course...

So whats a safe temperture for an overclocked AMD?

my temp is at 37 degrees steady, and I'm overclocking the ram, not the CPU.

Depends
- my cousin has an T-Bird 1.33 runnin at 65 and works great

50 degrees for an overclocked cpu ( doesn't matter model ) is enought !

Originally posted by jlin615
with Artic Silver 3 compound.
You better hope that's a spelling mistake. It is arctic silver not artic silver.

Not a big deal. It's a major deal. Fraudulent arctic silver is on the market with the name 'artic silver'.

oh okay.
yea i got the original AC3, bought from a chain pc supply store.

with big increases in temperature like that, the life of your chip will undoubtedly go down. If this were 2 years ago I would so who cares, but upgrades are further inbetween now that these jumps in clock speed have picked up. I would seriously consider heading to your local parts shop and getting a big honking fan (or two) to run off your 12 V and point it straight at your chip. Some come with the standard 4 wire connector and you can plug em straight onto your power supply wiring. These fans'll cost you a few bucks but might make a huge difference. If you wanna go nuts there are liquid cooling things to do too. I assume that since you overclocked you don't have a huge billfold.
If not maybe use your computer to cook breakfast, couple eggs, some bacon, if you do let me know how it turns out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back