• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

OC ddr to 400

i have 2 ddr 400 and one ddr 333 chip in my other pc. they are all hinx ddr ram, dhould i oc that one chip to ddr 400 and will that one chip need cooling becase it is oc that much?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by canadian_divx
i have 2 ddr 400 and one ddr 333 chip in my other pc. they are all hinx ddr ram, dhould i oc that one chip to ddr 400 and will that one chip need cooling becase it is oc that much?
its a 34mhz oc... not sure if it will handle it... you can try but I can't understand what you are asking...

you have 3 clips in one computer or is the ddr2700 in a rig by itself ?

LOL ok i was rushing in my spelling here is what i got

i got 3 DDR chips 2 of them are DDR 400 and one is DDR 333.the board will runn at the slowest one so all 3 are running at 333, i want all for to run at 400 so i am only going to oc that oneship. how much hard will it do?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by canadian_divx
LOL ok i was rushing in my spelling here is what i got

i got 3 DDR chips 2 of them are DDR 400 and one is DDR 333.the board will runn at the slowest one so all 3 are running at 333, i want all for to run at 400 so i am only going to oc that oneship. how much hard will it do?
I want to know how you can overclock 1 clip while not overclocking the other clips ?

basically all your memory is running @ 333 speed... I reckon its best to get rid of the 333... sell it and buy a 400 clip :) or leave it with 2 clips of 400...

Taurus

hardware monkey
Originally posted by Sazar
I want to know how you can overclock 1 clip while not overclocking the other clips ?
the ddr400's are underclocked right now at 333mhz. increasing it won't be overclocking those 2 until they all go above 400.

basically all your memory is running @ 333 speed... I reckon its best to get rid of the 333... sell it and buy a 400 clip :) or leave it with 2 clips of 400...
i agree. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi