ObjectDock RC1 released

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
For all you ObjectDock users, you might want to head over to Stardock's website and upgrade to Release Candidate 1.0, which was released today. WinCustomize also has a front-page article, which highlights the major changes. I installed it and have already noticed a couple of nice changes -- especially a fix for the issue that sometimes kept folder shortcuts from opening.

definitely improved...

the weather docklet works better and acknowledges my zip code :D

also I can now get windows to open maximised as expected :D

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Are the default icons still cheesy though?

default icons unchanged afaik...

but you can change the icons...

I personally don't care much.. am glad the weather docklet is fixed though :D

now the docklet shows me what the weather is like outside..

Heh, I just think the default icons are evil. But it's definitely my favourite dock app. :)

I've noticed a performance improvement on mine since I upgraded. It would get pretty jumpy sometimes, but so far it's much better now. Also, I haven't had to click on a folder shortcut more than once so far to get it to open, so it looks like that issue has been taken care of! :D

Originally posted by Geffy
I think I will stick with YzDock

Same here. I love the docklets for Yz :)
Just wondering, what docklets are available for ObjectDock?

I'll stick with /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/MacOS/Dock :p :D

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
I'll stick with /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/MacOS/Dock :p :D

Hehe...nothing gets better than the original ;)

Originally posted by Geffy
I think I will stick with YzDock

me too. i wish there was still some dev going on for this but it's perfect as is. no probs or quirks.

Originally posted by coathanger007
Good thing is Yz will remain freeware forever unlike ObjectDock.

I am not sure what drugs you are on but it might be time to stop for a while because ObjectDock has always been free. As far as I know it will remain that why.

Only the beta stays free. If you've had any experience with Wincustomize software you'd know that it becomes adware with nag screens etc The whole idea of a release candidate is to get the public to fix bugs before releasing a nagged version. Must be really stoned if you didn't see that one coming :D

Obviously you should ask before assuming... I have been a suscriber to ObjectDesktop and WinCustomize and Stardock Central for 3 years now. Several of Stardocks programs have been freeware even after version 1 has come out.

Cursor XP 1.2
Logon XP RC 6
Pocket Blinds v1
SmartException v1.00.002
XPBench 1.03.024
Stack'N Sac 1.0.009
Elves Incorporated 1.0.001
and so on
Minor nag screen in only a few of them at best.

Only 2 popular, useful ones are Cursor XP (nag screens) and Logon XP (Release candidate). We'll wait and see what happens with ObjectDock. Betcha I'm right. :)

Originally posted by NetRyder
Just wondering, what docklets are available for ObjectDock?

Sorry it took a while to get your question answered NetRyder...

MSN Messenger Docklet
Shutdown Docklet
Email Checker
Weather Docklet
Volume
Clock (digital or analog)
MP3 Player Docklet
Animated Shortcut
CPU Monitor (Intel & AMD)
Winamp
Quick Run
Calendar
Start Button
Hard Disk Monitor
KK Menu
Capture

These are all available on WinCustomize. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back