O2 XDA Orbit

ming

OSNN Advanced
This will be my next SmartPhone - The XDA Orbit from O2. :)

It's not much larger than the Nokia 6610i, has all the functionalities of previous xdas, but more importantly it's also got a built-in GPS receiver. Just awesome. :yowch:

Other features include 2.8" screen, FM radio, 2MP camera and Trackball/Trackwheel positioning device

Link: my-xda.com

Man, that's a sweet, sweet device. :)
Would be the perfect upgrade for my MDA if T-Mobile released it on this side of the pond.

Is that another HTC built device? There are many similarities to my 8525.

UK only right now. Nice device though. I am very happy with the 8525... for at least six months or so. =]

Holy Crap! Very nice, I was thinking of going PPC Treo myself. I'm with Telus and my selection is small, altho a lot of cell phone carriers here have small selections.

This would most likely be a lot of money here, the Treo is about $550CDN before tax and no contract.

If it's "made" by O2, I'd recommend finding out who actually makes it, O2 just re-badge their own-brand phones, and should you ever need support, they're bloody useless as they know nothing about it.

If it's "made" by O2, I'd recommend finding out who actually makes it, O2 just re-badge their own-brand phones, and should you ever need support, they're bloody useless as they know nothing about it.
The phone is made by HTC.
Almost every provider that sells HTC phones re-brands them differently though. Mine (the HTC Wizard) goes by the name of the T-Mobile MDA (which is how mine is branded), T-Mobile MDA Vario, Cingular 8125, Qtek 9100, i-Mate K-Jam, and probably a bunch of other names. :lick:

Good to know :)

I had one of O2s (overpriced) phones not long ago, and when I asked them where to get a data cable from, I had so much hassle to find an answer, in the end I had to contact the actual manufacturer of the phone, who also couldn't tell me due to an agreement with O2. Useless!

If you buy the phone itself, rather than via O2, you may even be able to get it cheaper (Unless it's a freebie on contract, of course :D)

All that aside though, just had a look at it, interesting device, wouldn't mind one myself :)

I've got a new advert thing for expansys through the post, the new HTC P3600 looks pretty cool, may well be my next upgrade just have to wait for Orange to "make" one now :p

I am also quite happy with my 8525, but I am jealous of this device. I love the black, that would make my 8525 100% complete ;)

I've got a new advert thing for expansys through the post, the new HTC P3600 looks pretty cool, may well be my next upgrade just have to wait for Orange to "make" one now :p
Expansys make my wallet cry :( :D

I actually like the dark gray and the silver wrap around on the 8525.

Eh I just have some type of weird favoritizing for all black on the peripherals I own/use.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back