O NO Help Me Pls

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
I Have Recently Downloaded the latest Microsoft patch for I.E and my firewall one from the XP Update Service. After the download finished I was asked to restart so I did, however once it came back on I noticed that the Computer wouldn't let me open my DVD Drive, I checked on my Computer an it Said C: Local Disk & D: My E: Had disappeared, I Can Open the drive While the Computer is Loading (Restarting) But not on the Desktop. I Tried A System Restore But the Drive is still not detected I have also been on device manager and there is no errors or faults its just Vanished. What Has Happened And how can I fix this?

Thank You

Ste_W

P.S Im sorry if ive put this under the Wrong Section.

Open the box & make sure one of the cables hasn't worked loose

Ok But the computer hasnt been moved in the slightest ill check it out tho.
Any More Suggestions?
Thanx

But The DVD Drive Works when the comp is restarting, it opens an closes but i cant use it while im on the desktop.

Everything Else Works Fine, it must have been the updates, ive emailed Evesham (The Ones Who Made My Comp) But they wont reply untill late 2morro. I Have 2 User Accounts an it doesnt work on that one either. I Havnt tried safemode yet, but im guessin it still wont work.
Thanx

And No it isnt bein picked up, it only shows my RW.

Thanx

unplug it (power & ribbon cable
reboot
plug it back in & reboot
It should detect new hardware

OK this happaned to me once. My cd-r drive just dissappeared. So i spent 3 hours talking to some lady on how to fix this. Everything from system restore to cleaning things. Then she put me on hold and 5 minutes later some guy got on and said "turn off your computer. Unplug the power cable for 3 seconds. Plug in the cable. Turn on the computer. Do you have any other questions?" I hadn't even turned off my computer yet and he was about to hang up. But it worked. I dunno why it did, prolly reset something in the BIOS, whateva. it works now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back