o/c 2500 Barton, buy new h/s+fan?

dubstar

format c:
CPU: 52c (highest point in the day)
MB: 32c (highest point in the day)

and i dont have a chasis fan.

im running it as a 2800XP, should I invest in some cooling?

Do you mean "don't have a case fan" or don't have a chipset fan"?

Don't worry about a chipset fan.

If you don't have any case fans I'd recommend at least one in the front (the power supply fan will work as an exhaust fan). They're only about 6 bucks. But from the MB temps it looks like you do have case fans.

The CPU temp of 52, as a maximum for the day (assuming it was when you were gaming at the time) is ok. Additional case cooling won't help the CPU temp much. You'd need a better CPU cooler ($$$ and maybe noise).

What was the CPU temp when you were just surfing?

My CPU temp is around 48C/118F after all day. This is checking from the bios of course I played games all day also.

My MB temp was 28C/82F

Fan speed is at 3750RPM

I'm thinking it's running a little warm.
Here's my configuration.

AMD Athlon XP 2500 (333FSB)
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev.2
Thermaltake Volcano 11 (turned to half way speed on the dial)

Of course, I think I could use some more case fans as I have only one near the CPU and the PS fan also. Thermaltake 480W PS.
Here's my other hardware if you'd like.

1024MB PC2700 Corsair XMS
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB AIW
WD 100GB 8MB Cache
Sony DVDRW 4x+-
SB Audigy 2 Platinum with drive bay
LiteOn 52x24x52 CDRW

I'm thinking it's more of an overall case heat as well as room temperature might be a little warm say high 70's to mid 80's because of 2 other computers running all the time, 2nd story... That sort of thing...

if you are stable, temps don't mean all that much.

see sig for how i'm running my XP2500

The computer runs extremely stable. No problems at all. It's not overclocked though, that's the thing. I should really check my room temperature to see what that is.

I'm running the Volcano 11 at full power, and its brought the CPU to 46C/114F
MB to 26C/78F

This is still at Bios mind you. This isn't with a load... So I think I have to look into something to keep this cooler...

Oh yeah, and what's a good program for monitoring your CPU temperature?

Originally posted by LeeJend
Do you mean "don't have a case fan" or don't have a chipset fan"?

Don't worry about a chipset fan.

If you don't have any case fans I'd recommend at least one in the front (the power supply fan will work as an exhaust fan). They're only about 6 bucks. But from the MB temps it looks like you do have case fans.

The CPU temp of 52, as a maximum for the day (assuming it was when you were gaming at the time) is ok. Additional case cooling won't help the CPU temp much. You'd need a better CPU cooler ($$$ and maybe noise).

What was the CPU temp when you were just surfing?

I dont have a case fan, i do have a chipset fan and a p/s fan.

Lee, no, thats not underload. Thats normal idle. I was going to try one of those load bearing softwares, but they all seem to cost money to use. so i figure, foey.

I have access to tools in my autobody class to cut a window out for the side panel, maybe i could cut one out and throw in a fan in the window. probably 60 bucks ya think?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back