• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NVRefreshTool 2.0 is out (NVIDIA+XP refresh rate problem fixer).

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
It's on the front page as well :D

I deleted your redundant post in Tips & Tweaks, it only needs to be posted once :)

N

NegativeFactor

Is the windows XP refresh rate problem only relevent to Nvidia cards and drivers??

V

Vorpal

Nope, read this:

no matter what people may tell you, this is NOT a driver issue. These refresh rate problems happen with EVERY video card on the market, with all available drivers. It happens on NVIDIA, ATI, S3, Matrox, 3dfx, and all other video cards. Even with drivers designed for Windows XP, you will still experience these problems.

http://www.xp-refresh.net/

N

NegativeFactor

I thought it must be all cards because my new monitor keeps popping up and telling me that the refresh rate is lower than recommended. So it will be ok installing the NVRefresh Tool with my Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB DDR.

:D Smug

V

Vorpal

Maybe the monitor is just trying to say:

"I can't believe that idiot spent $400 on a video card when there are no games that even utilize it."

:D

j/k

N

NegativeFactor

I think the bloke in the shop told me that already, but money wasn't an issue for me, i just wanted the best i could get from where i went!

G

GhaLeoN

do all these fixes work the same?

Im currently usinf refreshlock, and it seem to work fine.... is there one better in NVrefreshtool or whatever?

N

NegativeFactor

Well it wasn't an issue at the time, but i'm just brought a new computer and a new car so now i have no cash again!

X

xinside

Well damn.. I have no money at all and I want a new bright and shiny AMD XP 2200.. the place where I shop at has them for only $152.. but I have probably about.. only 10$ of that.. I need it to run games like mafia in high detail lol

N

NegativeFactor

Oh man, sorry to sound like i'm bragging but Mafia runs like a dream, i have it on full res and full GFX settings!

X

xinside

You should loan me some money for atleast a 512 mem stick ;D .. and damnit.. I put all the settings on high for mafia and it looks awesome as hell.. but I dont like playing with like 10 fps ;/ .. back in the day this computer played everything in high detail with no problems ;*(

N

NegativeFactor

That's the trouble with technology, i know my computer is tops now, but in a short ammount of time it'll be useless.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi