NVRefreshTool 2.0 is out (NVIDIA+XP refresh rate problem fixer).

It's on the front page as well :D

I deleted your redundant post in Tips & Tweaks, it only needs to be posted once :)

Is the windows XP refresh rate problem only relevent to Nvidia cards and drivers??

Nope, read this:

no matter what people may tell you, this is NOT a driver issue. These refresh rate problems happen with EVERY video card on the market, with all available drivers. It happens on NVIDIA, ATI, S3, Matrox, 3dfx, and all other video cards. Even with drivers designed for Windows XP, you will still experience these problems.

http://www.xp-refresh.net/

I downloaded that program..I see no deferences at all! 60 or 100 it's the same.

I thought it must be all cards because my new monitor keeps popping up and telling me that the refresh rate is lower than recommended. So it will be ok installing the NVRefresh Tool with my Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB DDR.

:D Smug

Maybe the monitor is just trying to say:

"I can't believe that idiot spent $400 on a video card when there are no games that even utilize it."

:D

j/k

I think the bloke in the shop told me that already, but money wasn't an issue for me, i just wanted the best i could get from where i went!

do all these fixes work the same?

Im currently usinf refreshlock, and it seem to work fine.... is there one better in NVrefreshtool or whatever?

Well it wasn't an issue at the time, but i'm just brought a new computer and a new car so now i have no cash again!

Well damn.. I have no money at all and I want a new bright and shiny AMD XP 2200.. the place where I shop at has them for only $152.. but I have probably about.. only 10$ of that.. I need it to run games like mafia in high detail lol

Oh man, sorry to sound like i'm bragging but Mafia runs like a dream, i have it on full res and full GFX settings!

You should loan me some money for atleast a 512 mem stick ;D .. and damnit.. I put all the settings on high for mafia and it looks awesome as hell.. but I dont like playing with like 10 fps ;/ .. back in the day this computer played everything in high detail with no problems ;*(

That's the trouble with technology, i know my computer is tops now, but in a short ammount of time it'll be useless.

Well, atleast my comp runs unreal 2003 good in high detial

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back