NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems that if I fold 24/7 on my ps3, I will likely get 800-900 points at the minimum, depending on the units I am folding.

I am probably going to add my dual-core desktop to the f@ld when I get back home tonight. Will try and push 1k a day average if possible.

*sigh* i miss the days when I had a bunch of dual proc test servers running multiple clients and pushing multiple 450 point QMD units a day..

This little sucker isn't bad :D

If I get a couple of nice bonus checks, I might buy another that is 100% dedicated to folding :)

Just installed back onto my desktop so I guess I am going to try and push 1k a day :)

ok ... I know you guys aren't dedicated tech support ... but ... on my other machine, I've got the icon in my task bar and so I know it's working.

on my new machine, i've got an icon on the desktop and when i click it ... i get text back that says I'm anonymous (team 0) ... that's wrong, isn't it? I want my contribution to be credit to this team.

Argh.

I'll supply pizza and beer (if you're of legal drinking age) if someone will FIX this for me :(

ok ... I know you guys aren't dedicated tech support ... but ... on my other machine, I've got the icon in my task bar and so I know it's working.

on my new machine, i've got an icon on the desktop and when i click it ... i get text back that says I'm anonymous (team 0) ... that's wrong, isn't it? I want my contribution to be credit to this team.

Argh.

I'll supply pizza and beer (if you're of legal drinking age) if someone will FIX this for me :(

It was not correctly setup on the new system apparently.

If it is the GUI version, you can enter it and change the settings to reflect team 35216, else it will just provide results for the default team (team 0).

If it is the console version, you have re-run the console version and when prompted, enter the Team number and user-name and you'll be set.

Updated information about the new GPU client being worked on.

http://folding.typepad.com/news/2008/01/new-gpu-core-up.html

Several people have been curious about any news regarding a new GPU client/core. We hit a few snags and then hit the holiday break, but the team is back now. We have the new client running in our lab and we're doing some final Q&A on it. The new code is running on the latest ATI cards (2xxx and 3xxx) and getting pretty good performance so far. The performance is pretty good now (after some optimizations from Mark and Mike H.), so I'm optimistic. This does not look like a 6-month delay, more like a few week delay, but it's hard to tell -- you can't predict the unpredictable things which can come up.

This is straight from Vijay Pande :)

I am going to start a new thread for the Folding team when I get home tonight (still at work) and I will link back to this thread.

I think a cleaner thread is not a bad idea and there will be definite kudo's to all who are currently participating :)

Argh.

Did you get this issue resolved?

Did the fix I suggest work for you?

:cool:

getting an intel core duo 2 soon (e6660) so i may be able to get things going again - also going to put the amd 64 x2 i have as a 64bit server and may use that too :)

There is a unit worth over 3K points that is only handed out to systems.

Well, how much is this 1.2 million thingy worth I wonder :eek:

It's taking my ps3 over 24hrs to process, will be subbed tomorrow evening.

Pretty crazy :eek:

-edit-

OMG... 1500 point unit :smoker:

Yah, I'll wait no doubt ;)

Apparently takes a day and half to process.

Right, going to start new folding thread :D

Last edited:
Well I have 20 work units with a score of 6127 for the short amount of time I've been at it.

I shoulda started way sooner. :s Oh well.

This thread has been closed and a newer (hopefully cleaner) thread started here.

Please use the new thread for new postings.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back